Check the answers of OnePlus 8T Concept AMA!

1. heshNYC
    Donut Jan 5, 2021

2. F1609815311998
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

F1609815311998 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    You need to continue the camera ND filters, but with more functionality!

Also, I'm not sure if it would be possible, but using the rear glass as a sort of static design of your choosing, like you pick an image and apply it?

3. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2021

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    My question to @Kevin Tao :As team Gaudi applied ECMF + mmWave technology on back panel of OnePlus 8T concept phone, should we expect that it can take place of front side bazzle! It will be great if we get a phone which can change colours of it and I think it will be also useful as notifications light! Is all things possible?

4. Adhith18
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

Adhith18 , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Great concept

My question

What are the changes of specifications from Oneplus 8T. @Boris Yue

Keeping a cool design at the back side prevents the users from using hard cases so how do you assure the safety of the phone @Kevin Tao

5. T1588708955414
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

T1588708955414 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Will the differences between the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8T be similar to those differences between the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T?

6. I1577543047688 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Is Hayden a man or woman's name? Definitely American though

7. M1606922374042
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

M1606922374042 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Why doesn't my 8t display my messages from my vehicle screen? It is intermittent when it comes to my messages. My Bluetooth connection is great with phone calls, and other audio, however text messages don't always appear on my Volvo screen where I can normally have the car dictate the message and I can verbally respond without having to text and drive.

8. magimug
    Donut Jan 5, 2021

magimug , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Visually appealing. However, what's the point of a nice back when the majority of owners use a sturdy case to protect their investment and it won't be seen?

9. M1606922374042
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

10. Jasecapable , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 5, 2021 :
    The color changing glass on the back is quite revolutionary in terms to the future capabilities not could offer. From showing when you are getting a notification, to showing how much battery life you may have, or even maybe a interactive mode of lifting to go along with the rhythm of music. I am super excited to see this concept get pushed to actual production on future oneplus devices.

Will we actually see this concept make it to production?

I have multiple questions about where oneplus is going. For instance,

the pop up camera. That's such an amazing design, that have you ever thought about making the pop up camera a standard, not just a regular standard but maybe even centering the pop of camera to the center of the device?

As well as the back camera, the most popular layout I believe was the center downward row of lenses. Will that ever be brought back or will the square notch stay as the primary design?

To add to my questions., The performance.
    Apple creates their own processors like the "A14" while most android devices share a universal snapdragon chip. Now Snapdragon is still one of the best processors. Has OnePlus ever thought about manufacturing their own O+ processing chip to make the whole OnePlus experiencing even more than extoardinary? We already lead when it comes to everything else performance.

I know I've mentioned a lot of design, and performance questions and I'm not entirely sure who would be the best to answer these questions. So hopefully this gets read and looked over. I look forward to hearing from you.

@ZENG XI
    @Boris Yue
    @Hayden W.
    @Kevin Tao

11. D1555470419966 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Why "OnePlus" as Logo instead of the other oneplus logo( 1 inside the box)
    Also a question in general,
    Why do you guys still do two logos on the back?
    I personally find less text and cleaner backs more appealing.

12. ryanlil
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

ryanlil , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @Kevin Tao is it possible now or in the future to control each section of the design individually as user or app dev?

13. m19anand
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

m19anand , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @Boris_Yue , As a Oneplus customer from many years, I like all your products, regarding Oneplus 8T why can't Oneplus unable to provide the wireless charging, when we see other brand phones, they are building very good eco system such as wireless charging or smart watch, coming to OnePlus seems we are getting little behind with competitors. Can I know your take on this.

14. Star Cross
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

15. RIO23RIO
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

16. JorgeDaniel
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

JorgeDaniel , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @Kevin_Tao will you explore other materials in the future? I do miss the metal back on the phones, and since a majority of 1+ phones do not feature wireless charging, it would be nice to depart from the glass sandwich.

17. O1592122321521 , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Why has no one developed an interactive glove that can scroll, select,zoom,and type like the human hand but wirelessly? I know I would buy one. I can think of hundreds of applications where it would benefit the user or users. If possible would you let me be the first to try it and work out all the bugs.