Check the answers of OnePlus 8T Concept AMA!

1. B1609822453902
    Donut Jan 5, 2021

B1609822453902 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI
    @Kevin Tao

The color shifting technology is impressive from an aesthetic point of view but, what are the usage benefits from such technology and can this technology be expanded to the front of the device as well? For example, could the technology be used to obscure the screen when the display is off in order to match the rear design elements.

otto2 likes this.
  2. G_Timothy_Martin_aHRE
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

G_Timothy_Martin_aHRE , Jan 5, 2021 :
    I am not sure how relevant this is to this phone, but I was wondering. Are there any practical uses to use ceramic in phones, like as the back plate? And the other thing, would you ever make a transparent phone?

3. R1609643448491
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

4. A1568990860328
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

A1568990860328 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hello Boris. will the new upgrade have a port or some kind for driving because I currently don't have bluetooth in my vehicle ?

5. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2021

narceoneplus2 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI
    @Boris Yue
    Hello, friends! I completely understand that this is a concept device. However, what will ultimately determine if a certain “feature” from the concept design gets released on a future OnePlus device?

6. siddiquianas
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2021

siddiquianas , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI. @Kevin Tao.
    I just want to know As previous Oneplus phones like 6T, 7 pro series have MC Laren edition with higher configuration, So I want to know is there any possibility future Oneplus devices like 9 or 10 series come with new Edition Or OnePlus Partnership with new merchandise ??
    so we get higher specification. 🙂

7. G_plusone
    Nougat Jan 5, 2021

G_plusone , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI
    Will there be a future lineup seperate from the Regular variants with Technologies and Features from Gaudi department?
    Like a Limited Special Edition OnePlus Gaudi 8T along with the Regular 8T in this case a Special Anniversary edition.

Also how much Do you think will be the increase in price when you include 8T Gaudi concept tech

Helder_DAlmeida, otto2 and Dresa91 like this.
  8. G_Scott_C._Brown_YsbH , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hello team! While this design is very cool, I am wondering why this design is being considered? Is there a future feature or design concept where this is but a starting point? Is this a design/material/concept that could be applied to "skins" or cases where a user could customize a base model into their own particular look/feel?

I think it is a very cool design, but can't help but think this is only the starting line on a much larger journey.

Respectfully,

Scott, proud owner of a OnePlus 8T when it arrives January 6, 2021

9. otto2
    Photography Expert Jan 5, 2021

otto2 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hello @ZENG XI

Team Gaudi

Pamukkale

Great name, great place.

Have you ever visited Barcelona and Pamukkale or how did you get to the namings?

@Boris Yue

Since this is just a concept phone,a toy, where do you see a remarkable advantage for a mass production device using this technology ,for example in comparison to a simple and cheap notification LED ( Horizon lights!) which users can better recognize in darkness?

@Hayden W. : I can easily feel my own breath, that s not really important and game changing- but is that RADAR technology good enough to check the speed of a bullet leaving my gun s nozzle? That would be some really interesting scenario . ( Sport shooters use the speed to calculate the bullet s energy so they can elaborate the ideal gunpowder mixture- i could check my motorbike / car engine rpm burdenless when checking noise or exhaust emissions? )

@Kevin Tao

How expensive would it be to change the back due to a crack- it seems that a usage with a cover would make the technology useless and i m afraid repair costs will be high- comparing the repair prices for that unneeded curved display with a standard flat one and the prices for changing a glass back with a plasic sandstone back makes me feel worried about the costs of a repair , sometimes less high tech can be more user friendly at all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  10. stajni13
    Froyo Jan 5, 2021

stajni13 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 5, 2021 :
    For me is always amazing to see new stuff coming... I personally wait for Smart watch, because this is what I'm looking for... With Oneplus 8T have i amazing phone for 2021...

11. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 5, 2021

Dunnow , Jan 5, 2021 :
    I just wanna know why the weird shapes in the back, it just doesn't fit the look and feel I believe OnePlus has been going for these last years. I know it's a concept and doesn't mean it's going there... but... couldn't that be done in a more practical manner?

12. adamslucas
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

13. iLoveSleep
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

14. Akhil_Surineni
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2021

Akhil_Surineni , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Anyone can answer to my question @ZENG XI @Boris Yue @Kevin Tao @Hayden W.
    Firstly I would like to congratulate for bringing such an amazing innovation to the family!!!

1. Does Color changing back glass would affect battery life?
    As battery is a bigger concern for most of the users. How would it be gonna manage?

2.How could you make possible health and breath monitoring functions .If it is by fingerprint,it would not might be that accurate.

3.Could we have customisation change in lighting colours of the back of our wish? Can we chose our own color for notifications and messages

4. The majority of people uses back cases for their protection......can we know the reason why would you chose these innovation????

15. Lumrf
    Eclair Jan 5, 2021

16. Babluu1
    Froyo Jan 5, 2021

17. dom_k
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2021

dom_k , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @ZENG XI I may have a more complex question about how such a concept is born. You have blank paper. What is behind the fact that the team that develops the concept will deal with for ex. dynamic CMF technology instead of something else? It is selected from several suggestions of your colleagues? And if so have you thought over that the community could decide the direction in which the concept would go? Thank you for response