Check the answers of OnePlus 8T Concept AMA!

1. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2021

2. IamIRONSman
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 5, 2021

IamIRONSman , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hello all, thank you for allowing us to ask you questions regarding this concept.

My questions:

@ZENG XI - When creating a concept design where do you take your inspirations from for this design?

@Boris Yue - I would love to see the disappearing camera design from the Original concept phone come to a future OnePlus device, will we ever see any of the concept ideas reach the end product for the consumer?

@Hayden W. - (I'll steal this one from @Dresa91 as I would also like this) Is there a way of combining the idea of the OnePlus Concept One phone and the OnePlus 8T concept? I really like the idea of the "hidden camera".

@Kevin Tao - OnePlus Product Designer:
    The back design looks great however, many people will put their phone in a case to protect it. Are there any plans to "toughen" the back material to make it more durable?

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  3. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2021

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hey Boris, Hope all safe and sound at your end and all your loved ones are doing great as well.

My question to you is: AR is getting implemented quite productively in gadgets these days and the possibilities seems to be unbelievable. What are OnePlus plans to incorporate, like Lidar Sensors etc in their future devices? Also, using AR capabilities, designing/customising our own back panels of the phone we Pre-order. (Some brands offers Laser Engraving, would be Great if OnePlus too incorporates this, ofcourse, in a their own way).

4. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2021

suhantm , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Woohoo! Thanks for this opportunity, can't wait to learn more about the concept from the answers :)

@ZENG XI @Boris Yue @Kevin Tao
    How long did the overall design process take for the 8T Concept?
    Bonus question: how many prototypes were there before the one that was shown to public?

5. L1599130967537
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

6. CollieDog
    Donut Jan 5, 2021

CollieDog , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Why has the full screen no punch hole design been dropped from the OnePlus range?

7. Brandonclough
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

8. Abu Shahjahan
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

9. Rubenamwoke
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

Rubenamwoke , Jan 5, 2021 :
    OKAY ONE PLUS TEAM. I'M DOWN WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT WE HAVE TO FACE THE FACTS THE WORLD'S INVOLVING AND YOU MUST STAY ON TOP THE ONLY WAY OF DOING IT SO IS THINKING DIFFERENT BEING UNIQUE. BUT I REALLY FEEL LIKE I'M IN THE WINNING TEAM. I OWN THE 7PRO. IF I HAD MONEY TO SPEND,I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY BUY THE 8 BUT WITH THIS CRISIS WE GOING THROUGH IT'S HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET. BUT BESIDES THE POINT IF WE GOING TO GO OUT THERE TO BE THE WINNING TEAM, CUASE AT THE END IS ALL THE CUSTOMER WANTS. IS THE BETTER PHONE NOT THE BETTER PROMOTION AND DEFINITELY NOT THE BETTER EXCUSE. LET'S WORK ON SOME APPS SOME OF THE APPS OWNED BY ONEPLUS OR OXYGEN ARE NOT SO WELL,NOT SO FAMOUS. HOW ABOUT HAVING TWO THREE FOUR FIVE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AT ALL,PRESS ONE AND YOU ARE CONNECTED. IS JUST ONE OF MANY IDEAS I HAVE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TRULY YOURS RUBEN. PS A ONEPLUS BLOGGING KIT/4-AXIS GIMBAL WILL DEFINITELY TURN SOME HEADS.

10. gjb1plus
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

gjb1plus , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 5, 2021 :
    I am so glad to see the envelope of design, and practically ,being pushed forward by OnePlus. Excellent I love the whole concept brilliant !!!

11. A1563204709469
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

A1563204709469 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 5, 2021 :
    Hello guys and happy new year to you all and PLEASE stay safe because of the pandemic. With regards to the concept I think if you guys can come up with ideas like this then Oneplus is a company that Samsung should take VERY seriously. I have the OP7 and I love it but I'm getting the OP9 Pro when it hits the British market. Pete Lau has all the people at Oneplus working towards better ideas and I'll always buy a Oneplus phone. Thank you so much for reading this and all stay safe and well

Stephen Barker

12. MIRALI
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

13. Kaream123
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

14. L1549323960008
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

15. Wyzee1
    Donut Jan 5, 2021

16. Johanneswelker99
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

17. Tomatenbischof
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

18. R1560452038451
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

19. KELLYAE1+
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2021

KELLYAE1+ , Jan 5, 2021 :
    @Hayden_W. Will it be possible to create a mini version of the mobile device? If it is possible, why might it not come in to production? Regards, AEK :)