1. swijenay
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2014

2. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2014

teqnix likes this.
  3. swijenay
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2014

swijenay , Sep 2, 2014 :
    I find the moderation is too much in some situations. A large number of threads are closed stating that they are simply duplicates. It is ridiculous in my opinion. This effort and manpower should rather be spent on answering service and warranty calls instead.

4. J-Pan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 2, 2014

J-Pan , Sep 2, 2014 :
    double thread, plz close :eek::D Just joking ;)

It is a nice thought, but I really doubt that this will work out. Regular members don't need this kind of post. Newbies just don't read this kind of threads. They will just keep on opening their own threads and hoping for their benefits. But who knows ^^

mahvi and PLPeeters like this.
  5. PLPeeters
    KitKat Community Expert Sep 2, 2014

PLPeeters , Sep 2, 2014 :
    I don't see how those are too many rules. Most of them are basic forum rules and it shouldn't even be necessary to state them like this.

We are not OnePlus employees, so your suggestion is irrelevant ;)

mahvi and beany like this.
  6. PLPeeters
    KitKat Community Expert Sep 2, 2014

PLPeeters , Sep 2, 2014 :
    It will certainly come in handy as something we can refer to as moderators ;)

J-Pan likes this.
  7. africamonk
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2014

8. Dandroid534
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 2, 2014

Dandroid534 , Sep 2, 2014 :
    I think there are too many mods now and its ruining it.

Closing threads makes people less likely to post. And sometimes threads are so long who is going to read them?

I think I'm checking the forums less now, I only check cm11s and development. But nothing decent has been posted for a while now. I think I won't be visiting the site anymore sadly :(

9. J-Pan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2014

J-Pan , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I got some different experience. If I can't find the answer I seek, I open a thread. If the answer is also given somewhere else, I get the link and, since you were given the answer, the thread will be closed. Otherwise you are the first to ask something. If it is only something minor, you get the answer, everybody happy, thread closed. If you hit the point of many others, your thread won't be closed. I don't have that much bad experiences with Mods; sometimes they don't read properly themselves, indeed. Then you can complain and re-open your thread ^^ On the other hand consider also, that only a clean forum makes it worth being active for longer terms.

PLPeeters likes this.
  10. Charlie9469
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2014

11. hurrai
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

12. hurrai
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

13. Haymond

Haymond , Sep 3, 2014 :
    It's good to have a sense of order, otherwise it would be a real mess on the boad

PLPeeters likes this.
  14. subbiankrishnamurthy
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

PLPeeters likes this.
  15. Farid1328
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2014

Farid1328 , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Hello. i am From Azerbaijan.
    i want to know do you Ship this phone to my country i want buy one ;)))

16. esaurabh

17. beany
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2014

beany , Sep 3, 2014 :
    @PLPeeters Good post, hopefully it will help.

I mentioned to @DRCH that I think the rules for posts allowed in Development should be stricter. Much of what is in there isn't development. There are questions on favourite ROMs, general questions etc. Questions on ROMs should be in that ROMs thread for example. Maybe others will disagree.
    It will be easier to sort now than in six months time.

18. Ezenuni
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2014

PLPeeters likes this.
  19. Jayception
    KitKat Sep 3, 2014

Jayception , Sep 3, 2014 :
    All of this. This should be one of the first screens that should show up for new forum members, next to the actual forum rules page that is.

PLPeeters likes this.
  20. beany
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2014

beany , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Agreed.
    Perhaps in the next OTA they could get the One to deliver a mild electric shock to anyone starting a "useless" thread.... ;-)

Jayception and PLPeeters like this.