OxygenOS Chinese OP3t and Oxygen OS

1. F_Jaime_Bv_FNzl
    Eclair Dec 22, 2016

F_Jaime_Bv_FNzl , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Hi,

I am thinking on buying a OP3t, but not sure if the process for changing from Hydrogen OS to Oxygen OS is the same as it was for the OP3. I did it with no problem with my previous phone, but gave it to my brother and need to buy another one.

2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Dec 22, 2016

Bartnl , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Is no problem to change. Same as OP3
    There is actually a "how too". Just search for Hydrogen and you'll find it.

You are aware that there is a possibility that you don't have 3G/4G with certain providers in your country as of band differences?

3. Hadowken
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2016

Hadowken , Dec 22, 2016 :
    Hi, here in the Philippines, a lot of resellers are selling Chinese variants (A3010) with Oxygen OS out of the box. Brand new and sealed.

But some are questioning it. Because as per the official OnePlus support chat, all A3010 variants comes with Hydrogen out of the box. So now, it is speculated that the units that are being sold here are opened, flashed from Hydro to Oxy, then re-sealed. (By Chinese suppliers, not directly from OnePlus)

Can anyone justify this speculation? Or are there really A3010s officially being sold by OnePlus with OxygenOS out of the box?

Anyone here in SEA that got the same unit? Please share your thoughts.

4. F_Jaime_Bv_FNzl
    Eclair Dec 23, 2016

F_Jaime_Bv_FNzl , Dec 23, 2016 :
    Yup, I'm aware of the band things, but it is not an issue in my country 3t even supports band 8 which the 3 didn't support.
    About A3010 I'm certain those phones are opened flashed and resealed. Either that or they still come with Hydrogen. It is impossible in China to get hold of an Oxygen phone.