Chromecast issue in OnePlus tv

1. Sureshsivakumar
    Donut Jan 8, 2020

Sureshsivakumar , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Anyone facing issues with OnePlus TV Chromecast ? I'm not able to case my photos or phone. Even if i manage to connect it disconnects automatically in 2 mints. I'm using google pixel 2XL. I was trying to cast via google photo

Nishaldsouza likes this.
  2. Eddy W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Jan 8, 2020

Eddy W. , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Thank u for your feedback.
    Could u pls provide the following infomation? and we will try to reproduce your issue.
    a> What is the probability of automatic disconnection after using Google Photo to cast to OnePlus TV?
    b> Is there similar issue when using other brands of Mobile?
    c> Software version of Google Photo.
    d> Android version of your google pixel 2XL.

kamalesh nookala likes this.
  3. Himatej Reddy
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

Himatej Reddy , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Even I am facing the same issue. Chromecast is not working properly. I tried casting screen from OnePlus 5 as well as 5t mobiles which are running Android version 10. But the issue is same.
    1) I can see the tv name in list of devices that are ready to cast. When I start casting it'll ask for permission in my mobile and on granting the permission, TV screen becomes blank for a while. And I can see the status of casting in mobile as "connected".
    2) the blank screen remain for a while say 5-10 sec and then a message will come in my mobile saying that casting to tv is ended.
    3) tried with in-built screen cast in mobile, casting option from OnePlus connect app, and Google home app. Issue remains same with in-built cast and cast option in OnePlus connect app.
    4) Google home app in my mobile can cast the mobile screen but the moment it gets connected, screen on tv gets freezed and gets disconnected after 10 sec.
    5) tried uninstalling and reinstalling chromecast update from playstore. Still no use.

I really feel like I got a sub-standard/faulty product which I never expected it from OnePlus. I can't even replace it now as the replacement window got closed with Amazon India.

4. rickybarretto
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

5. rickybarretto
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

rickybarretto , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 6, 2020 :
    The issue is with the inbuilt Chromecast capabilities.

6. kamalesh nookala
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

7. Jagadiesh
    Donut Apr 20, 2021

Jagadiesh , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Hi Guys..

Till yesterday my Chromecast was working really fine.. but after the update my tv Chromecast is not getting detected.. I have tried uninstalling Chromecast and also resetting my tv.. but nothing worked.. any solution for this ?

8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 21, 2021

9. Jagadiesh
    Donut Apr 21, 2021

TheMystic and Venky61 like this.
  10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 21, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 21, 2021 :
    I was talking about Chromecast bro, which is on PC/Laptop

11. Jagadiesh
    Donut Apr 21, 2021

Jagadiesh , Apr 21, 2021 :
    yes I was also searching for the solution for tv Chromecast.. but when I tried this it worked and I'm able to cast now !

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  12. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 25, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 25, 2021 :
    These are very basic features, and you guys should really take care of these things before bringing a product to the market.