Clarification

1. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 8, 2018

[email protected] , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Guys did anyone get their camera lens cover cleaned?
    Does dust still enter even after cleaning?
    How much does it cost?
    Will application of skin reduce the entry of dust under lens?

Any help is appreciated!

2. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Mar 8, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Dust should not be entering under the lens. If you think it did, then OnePlus should deal with it in a proper manner to prevent further such issues.
    If you are speaking about dust accumulation on the lens, then it is normal.
    Using a skin will not help in either cases.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  3. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 8, 2018

BobbyVK

Dust should not be entering under the lens. If you think it did, then OnePlus should deal with it in a proper manner to prevent further such issues.
    If you are speaking about dust accumulation on the lens, then it is normal.
    Using a skin will not help in either cases.

that's the problem...I read those who got their lens cleaned is still suffering with dust entering under lens... and in my case I can confirm it's under the lens as it is fixed in same exact position as I spotted it first time... nothing less or more... it's like a leak happened momentarily and stopped immediately allowing the above-mentioned dust...

4. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Mar 8, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Mar 8, 2018 :
    @SoniaB i think we have dealt with similar issue a sometime last issue. Can you guide the user on how to proceed? I remember you escalating this issue.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  5. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 8, 2018

SoniaB , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Tbh I do not recall, but in any case @Bishant0098 contact OnePlus support. If there is dust inside the lens then it may well be an in-warranty repair but they would need to inspect the device

BobbyV8_ and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  6. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 8, 2018

am trying but only their sales division number is working and the repair division is telling either switched off or busy... will keep trying and update if anything progresses

dsmonteiro likes this.
  7. G_Abhikant_Chauhan_hVQL
    Donut Mar 8, 2018

8. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 8, 2018

RJBoss , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Why would we even want our camera lens to get cleaned? Did you break it by any chance for there's no possible way for any outside particals to enter.

9. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 10, 2018

[email protected] , Mar 10, 2018 :
    many are facing this problem...no I didn't break it... it's a manufacturing defect by OnePlus and so is the paint chipping which occurs on back plate of almost 3 out of 4 devices!

10. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2018

Nick 59 , Mar 10, 2018 :
    Source?

eye842 and Hydra Bob like this.
  11. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 10, 2018

12. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 10, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 10, 2018 :
    So far I've only seen people with the midnight black oneplus 5t complain about it. And I'm sure not all of those devices have the paint chipping issue as not everyone uses the included case. It's impossible that it's 3/4, or even 1/4.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  13. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 10, 2018

idkwhoiam322

So far I've only seen people with the midnight black oneplus 5t complain about it. And I'm sure not all of those devices have the paint chipping issue as not everyone uses the included case. It's impossible that i's 3/4, or even 1/4.​

so it may be...I didn't include lava red,matte white,or star wars edition while stating the 3/4 statement....those who bought the black are facing this... it's not my fault that OnePlus releases a new colour without any such issues every 2 months!And I'm just having little problem with the chipping but I solved it myself...but I can't do that with the dust and YES,it's manufacturing defect ...heck even my lower mid-range Galaxy J5 is closing on 2 years of use without back case and it's still haven't got any dust under it...how the hell dust even enters a $500 phone...ugh

14. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2018

Nick 59 , Mar 10, 2018 :
    No, you have stated that 3/4 of devices suffer from paint chipping so it is not up to me to find your source.
    Is this just your personal estimate/guess or do you have any actual evidence?

eye842 likes this.
  15. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Mar 10, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Mar 10, 2018 :
    It's a random number that supports his view...

Nick 59 likes this.
  16. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 10, 2018

it's from what I saw and read starting from the date of my purchase till now!
    no offence, but if you didn't see anything like that which confirms my statement, simply ignore the post, or delete my post!(or give me a useless warning if you may)

17. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2018

Nick 59 , Mar 10, 2018 :
    No, I am hoping you will correct your wildly inaccurate guess :
    Your 'source' is looking around this forum, Reddit Facebook etc!
    Please tell me how did you count the number of Oneplus users do did NOT have this issue and so did not post on Facebook etc? Did you factor them in to your calculation at all?

eye842 likes this.
  18. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 10, 2018

Nick 59

No, I am hoping you will correct your wildly inaccurate guess :

Your 'source' is looking around this forum, Reddit Facebook etc!
    Please tell me how did you count the number of Oneplus users do did NOT have this issue and so did not post on Facebook etc? Did you factor them in to your calculation at all?​

give it a rest....it's not rocket science....I already got the information I needed on first day I don't have any option to delete the post otherwise I would have done it.... would have done it sooner if I knew some "Source Inspector" will start inspection on me! jeez so cranky mods!

Edit:- please delete the post if you want but please SHUT UP!

19. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2018

Nick 59 , Mar 10, 2018 :
    You need to seriously adjust you attitude!
    You made up a wildly inaccurate figure , thinking it supported your point, and failed to back it up when challenged.
    You are right, it is not brain surgery - stick to facts on the forum and you will not have a similar problem in future. You might also like to read this:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/help/terms

20. [email protected]
    Froyo Mar 10, 2018