Camera Clear Image OP2

1. Fredman
    Gingerbread May 5, 2019

Fredman , May 5, 2019 :
    According to the OP2 manual and all the blurb preciding its release there is a mode called "Clear Image" which takes 10 or so images, stacks them and then creates a composite image with 50Mpixel resolution.

I can't find it anywhere in the camera settings, which also seem to be missing all the other modes (e.g.beauty, smart scene, slow shutter, steady) mentioned.

My wife has had the phone since it was release and is complaining that my phone seems to take much better photos (OP6). She wants to get the latest Samsung, and I'm trying to show just how good the phone can be, but everthing advertised seems to be missing.

Has there been an upgrade that removed all of the fancy modes?? I recall hearing something about OP switching to stock google camera APP.

All I can find are Video, Photo, Pro Mode, Panorama, Time Lapse, Slow Motion and Night Mode (exactly the same as my OP6 apart from Portrait Mode).

2. Deactivated User
    May 5, 2019

3. rameshshreyas
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2019

rameshshreyas , May 5, 2019 :
    He is taking about the Cyanogen camera app. It was there for the OnePlus One. Try using lineage OS.

4. Fredman
    Gingerbread May 7, 2019

Fredman , May 7, 2019 :
    Oneplus 2 manual updated May 28, 2015 (from support section - user guides - OnePlus 2 user manual) on page 17 it states...

"We have also included a new “Clear image” mode, which you can take 50 megapixel photos with stunning clarity"

I was trying to show my wife how to take better pics with the phone, so I thought I'd read the manual for it and thats what it said. So I'm trying to find out where this feature is, or its its been removed. Belive me its not something I dreamed up. There are other posts in the forums that talk about how to use it, but the camera app is nothing like they describe (a little magic wand appears)...