Sound Clicking/Crackling/Popping Noise When Playing Bluetooth to Grace Digital Amp

1. Brettsh
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2017

Brettsh , Sep 5, 2017 :
    Hi,

Just purchased a OnePlus 5 and I'm finding when I attempt to play audio to my Grace Digital BTAR513 Bluetooth amp I get lots of Clicking/Crackling/Popping noises. My daughter also has the same problem with her OnePlus 5.

I've never had a problem playing Bluetooth audio from any other device to my Grace Digital amp. But then, I can also play Bluetooth from the OP5 to some Logitech portable speakers and my Bose headphones.

The Grace Digial amp supports aptX. I have tried the following settings on the OP5 Bluetooth Audio Codec:
    apX HD
    aptX
    SBC

But to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Brett S

PyRowMan and lostLambda like this.
  2. Macivervfr
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2017

Macivervfr , Sep 6, 2017 :
    Have the same problem with Bluetooth headset, Cardo Scala Rider Packtalk. (Headset for motorcyclehelmets )
    Have two headsets and the fault appears with both.
    It starts of with good sound, 3-5 seconds in it starts to Clicking/Crackling/Popping noises in the background, very annoying.
    Have also tried all 3 audio codecs.
    When i connect another phone (Samsung S6, Nexus5X) to the headsets the sound is good.

OP5 with the latest update.
    /Mathias

PyRowMan and lostLambda like this.
  3. Shai Aroyo
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2017

Shai Aroyo , Sep 16, 2017 :
    Have the same exact problem with my oneplus 5, Cardo Scala Rider Freecom2. It is not the headset because i did try it with other phone and it is perfect.

Looking for some good news about the problem.

Shai

lostLambda likes this.
  4. jacodw
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2017

jacodw , Sep 20, 2017 :
    Same problem to me with my OnePlus 5 and my Cardo Freecom2. Very annoying! Tried with the 3 Bluetooth codecs, and same problem. Tried the Freecom2 with other phones and sounds fine.
    The OnePlus with other devices also sounds good. Is just this combination of devices.

5. Macivervfr
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2017

Macivervfr , Sep 24, 2017 :
    Sorry to have hijacked your post Brettsh.
    To you other guys, have you reported to Cardo Scala also? I have made an case with them.

6. Bobgraton200
    Froyo Sep 25, 2017

Bobgraton200 , Sep 25, 2017 :
    clearing my cache helped me for the Clicking/Crackling/Popping Noise while listening music.

But What i hate is that my phone call cut out when I am on bluetooth

7. PyRowMan
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2017

PyRowMan , Sep 25, 2017 :
    Same issue here, (scala packtalk),
    I tried with LOS Rom and it works great, so it really comes from OOS rom :/

8. Typhooninou
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2017

PyRowMan likes this.
  9. philcalfee
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2017

philcalfee , Dec 4, 2017 :
    I'm having the same problem connecting to skybuds bluetooth headphones. Sounds fine when connected to different phone or different bluetooth speaker

10. Macivervfr
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2018

Macivervfr , Jan 12, 2018 :
    After the Oreo update i´ve got much better quality of the music in my Cardo PackTalk.

Thumbs up!!

11. PyRowMan
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2018

12. jacodw
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2018

13. F_Arnav_Dogra_NpnW
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2018