Clone phone aka oneplus switch via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Pratham3593
    Eclair Jul 31, 2021

Pratham3593 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Can anyone explain why backup option is gone from the one plus switch app and its also renamed
    Its getting worsen ith the oxygen os after the merger with oppo everything is looking colored oxygen os, menus, setting everything is changing.
    Why oneplus wants to loose their customer base which they had build over the years?

ParisOneplus likes this.
  2. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 31, 2021

Artemus. , Jul 31, 2021 :
    It's still there... tap the top right icon and then "Back up & restore"

5star02707 and Aaron2017 like this.
  3. Pratham3593
    Eclair Jul 31, 2021

Pratham3593 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Thanks buddy i discovered after posting here but overall the look is getting changed as i recently receive the nord 2 and comparing with 7 pro

4. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 31, 2021

Artemus. , Jul 31, 2021 :
    So why did you post this in the 7 Pro section and not the Nord 2 section?

Aaron2017 likes this.
  5. gdsingh94
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2021

gdsingh94 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Didn't read the news oneplus merged its code base with oppo?
    They have started using oppo apps instead of working on there own apps.

ParisOneplus and Rahuls1ngh like this.
  6. ParisOneplus
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2021

ParisOneplus , Aug 15, 2021 :
    Yes but the new app does not save everything as before and the backup is difficult to find in android data folder.
    This update was a downgrade and it means the worst is expecting us with oppo fusion. They don't even let us install an apk f former "oneplus switch", we are several to have tried but the phone refuse to install it.

7. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 15, 2021

Artemus. , Aug 15, 2021 :
    What do you want it to save, exactly? o_O

8. ParisOneplus
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2021

9. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 15, 2021

Artemus. , Aug 15, 2021 :
    Ah, yeah. See, the problem with backing up everything is the fact you could (re)introduce old, unnecessary files that can cause problems on the new phone to the point it'll have issues in the long run. What you're gonna wanna focus most on backing up is things that can't be reproducible, like documents and photos/videos; app data is temporary and can always be reinstalled from the Play Store with all your stuff still intact. Stuff like SMS might have to be foregone as it's tied to the SIM card usually.

10. ParisOneplus
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2021

ParisOneplus , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 15, 2021 :
    Anyway the issue is that "OnePlus switch" was great and let you decide what you want to save. Then they change it in "Clone phone" wich is a downgrade, because of the fusion with Oppo. So it is the beginning of the end for OxygenOs wich little by little will turn into ColorOs....

I just came to OnePlus buy a 9 pro mainly for OxygenOs and OnePlus apps. So I am really disappointed. Buying a 999 euro phone having a easy fast and complete backup solution is a minimum....

11. ParisOneplus
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2021

ParisOneplus , Aug 23, 2021 :
    Ok guys sorry to be a stupid noob I found my solution. As I had a guest account (created to test it) Clone phone was still in it even when I deleted it from my normal account. No more issue I did install a Oneplus switch APK.
    Sorry and thanks to everyone who kept me in a good searching solution mood....

Artemus. likes this.