Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronesso17
    Honeycomb May 11, 2021

Ronesso17 , via OnePlus 6T , May 11, 2021 :
    Moderator edit
    There is an official thread about 5G in india, you can check it here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/all-about-5g-in-india.1448177/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OnePlus after assuring the buyers of OnePlus 9 series that they will get 5G bands added to their device later with software updates, has now, told media houses that OnePlus 9 series phones *WON'T* be getting any more 5G bands added through software updates.

A blatant and shameless tactic used by OnePlus to sell more of its devices. Now this is something that truly deserves a lawsuit. A pathetic move played by a pathetic company to cheat customers.

This is to all the people saying in this forum that, "Obviously 6 series is not priority anymore, they will focus on their new devices from the 9 series". Is this the focus you were talking about? Cheating customers by first giving a different statement and encouraging people to buy your phones, and then shamelessly saying that, "Oh we don't plan to give you what we said we will give you. "

PATHETIC AND PITIFUL.
    Such a great and fantastic brand reduced to a money hungry, customer cheating, deplorable state.

I STRONGLY URGE ALL WHO READ MY MESSAGE TO NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONEPLUS SMARTPHONE.

Don't trust these Chinese brands with your money, or your data. Let's send these data stealing Chinese companies back to their country.

Also I am very sure that this thread will be closed as soon as moderator sees it. So this is to you moderator,
    Have a little shame, find a better job to do.
    View attachment 1623225

View attachment 1623224

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2021

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 11, 2021

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , May 11, 2021 :
    Hi there,

OnePlus in no moment had a public stance that 5G bands would be upgraded via software. There are indeed media articles stating that, but they base themselves on an alleged customer support quote rather than an official statement from the company. The only official statement about this matter that was made is the one shared in the_o2's thread here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-9-series-faqs-answered-by-oneplus-staff.1429419/

In any case, being displeased with the brand in no way gives you the right to insult and attack others. I would kindly ask you to be polite when addressing others, as per the forum rules.

3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 11, 2021

Stickied Post
    Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 11, 2021 :
    There is no 5G available in India at present.

The bands N41 and N78 will be the 2 main bands used when it is made available by the Mobile Network companies. It may be up to 2 to 3 years, maybe longer before its widely available.

At present those are the bands available in most mid to upper range phones from many manufacturers

As quoted from the article linked below.
    While Indian telcos are yet to launch 5G, smartphone brands have already flooded the market with a plethora of 5G-ready devices. What's more, brands like Realme and Xiaomi have further democratised 5G by launching enticing smartphones in the mid-range that can supposedly leverage incredible download and upload speeds. To that note, you should know that most, if not all 5G-ready devices launched thus far only make use of the sub-6GHz 5G network. In fact, most wallet-friendly 5G smartphones that ship with MediaTek's Dimensity SoCs, the likes of which include the Realme X7 (review), the Realme X7 Pro 5G (review), and the OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G (review) only support a handful of sub-6GHz 5G bands including N78, N41, etc.

The truth about 5G in India: Why we will (probably) never really get the full 5G experience
    https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/5g-in-india-download-speeds-launch-sub-6ghz-mmwave/

Attached Files:

4. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 11, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 11, 2021 :
    So besides a racist, you also like to insult people?

and you wonder why threads are closed???

5. McJader
    Marshmallow May 11, 2021

McJader , May 11, 2021 :
    How does them being Chinese come into this?
    Can say the same for you.
    Moderators are the most helpful people on this forum who volunteer their time to help clean the forums clean.
    If you violate the rules and a mod removes your posts, it isn't their fault, but yours.

6. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 11, 2021

Does!Compute , May 11, 2021 :
    You do realise these are "alleged" conversation between a user and the customer service? Where is the official statement from OnePlus? Also, which 5G band is currently available in India? Both Jio and Airtel are currently testing 5G on the current 4G bands (and Jio's indigenous architecture, whatever that is), so what's the point of getting 5G bands on the device, when nobody knows which one will be actually used?

7. McJader
    Marshmallow May 11, 2021

McJader , May 11, 2021 :
    I see how you ineptly tried to shift the focus from your inaccurate original post to how the people responding to you are OnePlus fanboys.
    Fact is, I agree OnePlus sucks in a lot of areas.
    What I don't agree with is racist statements and calling the mods bad because you can't understand rules

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2021

dom_k, angch, the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  8. Ronesso17
    Honeycomb May 11, 2021

The point is future proofing your device. What'll people do when they get to know that their 70k 5G can't even run 5G because it doesn't have the bands needed to support it. And I hope you have some basic knowledge of how hierarchy works in a company, amere customer executive agent doesn't have the authority to give statements unless told to by higher ups.

Dpack, REBEL_, ady_agar and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 11, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 11, 2021 :
    It’s on the interwebs……..so it’s true, now we look for a confirmation on Facebook and the evidence is there.

10. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 11, 2021

B_Wrath , May 11, 2021 :
    Can you give some proof of that claim?

SJBoss, the_o2, Tokolozi and 4 others like this.
  11. KluGe
    Lollipop May 11, 2021

KluGe , May 11, 2021 :
    Well.
    I'll report it so that he is able to see it ...
    ... and to close it. ;)

"Have a little shame" to the Mod? He is NOT working for OnePlus!

Shame on you for your choice of words!

12. Ronesso17
    Honeycomb May 11, 2021

You do use internet I hope. Look for yourself and you'll find many many articles.

REBEL_ likes this.
  13. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 11, 2021

If you buy a device based on what it "might" get in the future, then your absolutely naive. And where's the actual proof that this conversation isn't doctored by the individual who posted this?

14. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 11, 2021

B_Wrath , May 11, 2021 :
    You claim something, the onus is on you to prove it.
    Or else, whatever you claim is false accusation.
    With your ineptitude to provide any proof, any lawsuit will be laughed at.

15. Ronesso17
    Honeycomb May 11, 2021

Oh I am not going to buy this device. I was but I won't now. This thread is just a Public Advisory.

16. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 11, 2021

2 articles, one of them correctly claiming that this is an alleged conversation. Where is the actual proof that this conversation occured and this isn't a doctored screenshot? Or that OnePlus publically announced that they will enable more 5G bands?

Tokolozi, Caoimhín and Bobbie63 like this.
  17. G_plusone
    Nougat May 11, 2021

G_plusone , May 11, 2021 :
    Any article where you can give any proof other than a Support Section Staff?

18. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 11, 2021

It's not like your buying a device affects any of us. Claiming something in a redundant thread without facts actually proving a point? That we'll question for sure

19. G_plusone
    Nougat May 11, 2021

G_plusone , May 11, 2021 :
    Support staff did say so I guess.

Tokolozi and Bobbie63 like this.
  20. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 11, 2021

"Alleged" proof ;)

Tokolozi and Bobbie63 like this.
  21. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 11, 2021

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There have been sufficient doctored conversations posted by users just to get their way :)

the_o2, Tokolozi, Caoimhín and 2 others like this.
  22. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 11, 2021

B_Wrath , May 11, 2021 :
    Can't have a logical conversation backed by proof, so you resort to insulting?