[CLOSED] 9pro B&W camera mode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasaby
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2021

wasaby , Sep 23, 2021 :
    The device is equiped with f/2.4 3P camera dedicated to support taking B&W images. And there is no B&W mode in camera menu. The access is through main camera photo mode filters. I find that absolutely bizarre! Does somebody knows the explanation? There should be B&W mode in main camera menu, even it is just for easy access. After all HASSELBLAD's name is used here!

2. rHITkM.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2021

otto2 and Artemus like this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 24, 2021

Tobikage , Sep 24, 2021 :
    More camera sensors is better for marketing if you didn't know.

It is only dedicated to support the amin lens in taking monochrome images. It's a 2MP sensor.

Here's a quite from gsmarenas review...

otto2, Artemus and McJader like this.
  4. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 24, 2021

Artemus and KluGe like this.
  5. rHITkM.

rHITkM. , Sep 24, 2021 :
    I should have attached this too(attachment). As it's related to black and white filter and as user asked "And there is no B&W mode in camera menu (yeah I know he mentioned this regarding the camera sensor), And as now its available through a mode I thought it should be good to link that.

1632465132077.jpg

KluGe and Tobikage like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 24, 2021

Tobikage , Sep 24, 2021 :
    OP is referring to the dedicated B&W sensor module though and that's just there to "assist" the main sensor.

otto2, Artemus, rHITkM. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Gav_W86
    Moderator Moderator Sep 24, 2021

Gav_W86 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    XPAN mode doesn't use the B&W sensor it uses the main or WA sensor. The B&W effect in XPAN mode is a conversion.

As said above, the B&W sensor on the phone is not to take B&W photos, it is assistive in taking photos in other lenses. A B&W sensor is faster to focus, and is better in low light (it doesn't have a colour filter in front of the sensor). Therefore when used in conjunction with the main sensor and software it can improve performance,

8. rHITkM.

rHITkM. , Sep 24, 2021 :

Okay! 😅
    @Tobikage @Gav_W86 Thanks for the correction guys!
    I thought he was asking for B&W filter and complaining of not having one .
    I didn't notice his line "The access is through main camera photo mode filters." And thought he was asking for it So I went on to suggest that.

9. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Sep 29, 2021

rHITkM. likes this.