[Closed] About updates .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel James
    Froyo Sep 25, 2017

Samuel James , Sep 25, 2017 :
    What happened team oneplus ? Its been 1 month since you rolled out the last ota , each time you say there will be big improvements it just doesnt add up .One mega ota to improve camera ( never came up ) , one mega ota to give 7hrs of SOT with 50% of battery ( still waiting ) . Dont just make us wait , do the ******* ota regularly than giving promises .

For those of you complaimg about low battery life - turn off that ambient display and turn on the adaptive brightness . I easily get 8-9hrs sot now ( phone last 2days with single charge ) .

@Jitesh likes this.
  2. showstopper197
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2017

showstopper197 , Sep 25, 2017 :
    Atleast we are getting updates on a quick turnaround time, switch to Lenovo or other brands were people are stuck for years now.

arjuntrh, MarcoV1+, Behike and 3 others like this.
  3. Samuel James
    Froyo Sep 25, 2017

Samuel James , Sep 25, 2017 :
    Dont just talk about other brands i know the story , i bought oneplus5 just for the sake of regular updates ( inc security patches ) . I can just only suggest ,implementing it is the companys job .

Khanirfan007 and @Jitesh like this.
  4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Sep 25, 2017

Dresa91 , Sep 25, 2017 :
    Please, inform yourself about the update cycles... You will get an official update every 4 to 8 weeks. So there are 4 weeks left. Be patient, follow the rules. Stop spaming.
    OnePlus is in time frame. Don't be silly

5. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2017

6. showstopper197
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2017

showstopper197 , Sep 25, 2017 :
    They are doing thr job.

7. sanjay_dhanraj
    Eclair Sep 25, 2017

sanjay_dhanraj , Sep 25, 2017 :
    so you are saying that we already received bluebourne security fix?

8. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2017

Android-Andi , Sep 25, 2017 :
    no, it means: use the search function! we don't need to discuss the same $h1t again, again and again in multiple places and different same named threads

KelvinKamGoon likes this.
  9. Bartnl
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2017

Bartnl , Sep 25, 2017 :
    Download the blueborne check app and you will find out.

10. JasonMR
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2017

JasonMR , Sep 25, 2017 :
    Where did you hear you would get those?

11. Samuel James
    Froyo Sep 26, 2017

Samuel James , Sep 26, 2017 :
    4-8 weeks huh ? They released 1 update every week when oneplus5 released , beacuse of all those bugs present initially .Stilll there are some more bugs , what can you talk about that then ? I need a improved/perfect oneplus5 with its true potential .Thing I am saying is proper optimisation is still not there .

I have talked about all the camera improvements in another forum , like improved slo mo, improved image processing , lowlight etc etc .

I am seeing lot of people complaing about their bad experience and complaints about oneplus 5 .For me the phone runs fine except that i never thought the camera was such undergraded , which need a big fix .

Not everyone has 4-8 weeks to spare buddy , its my daily driver and I am concerned with my device.

Khanirfan007 likes this.
  12. Samuel James
    Froyo Sep 26, 2017

Samuel James , Sep 26, 2017 :
    So you like getting ditched out from getting latest ota without any reason ? (eg:OPO ,OPX,OP2) Can you say hardware was the limitation ?

These phones has exact same cpu as like in those flagship devices .OP2 -SD810 same as on Nexus 6p - which is gonna get oreo ( dont say like its a nexus so it will get like upto android XX) .

13. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 26, 2017

camohan , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I don't know who said that they said there will be big update.

Providing updates is not a easy task and requires so much of testing before releasing. It takes time, you have to wait. If can't, check for other OEMs which can provide update as per the schedule you want.

You talk about bugs but haven't seen any of them reported by you in bug reporting platform.

Merely creating thread without even giving a constructive feedback does not help.

Redundant thread closed.

Dresa91, Android450 and MarcoV1+ like this.