Not open for further replies.
  1. G_venkatesh_m_AyjZ Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

2. Waveform Modifier Lollipop Jan 24, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Jan 24, 2019 :
    That's how it works now.

3. G_venkatesh_m_AyjZ Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

4. sethisidd Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2019

sethisidd, Jan 24, 2019 :
    In Pie, the adaptive brightness works a bit differently. It now learns based on how you adjust the brightness in different lightning conditions. So, if you have upgraded recently, give it some time before it works properly. And if you find the brightness high or low, just adjust it and phone would learn.

It is not really nice change, but that is how it has been implemented by Google in Pie.

Also, it is always good to search before you create a new thread. There are lot many of them already stating the reasons.

B1537969882207 and Amalinnocent like this.
  5. G_venkatesh_m_AyjZ Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

G_venkatesh_m_AyjZ, Jan 24, 2019 :
    cool, thanks for the update bro.. will check on this

sethisidd likes this.
  6. n0de Eclair Feb 4, 2019

n0de, Feb 4, 2019 :
    ^ this is not working, please stop closing these threads as the issue is real.

the AI setting doesn't work - you cant even turn it off and keep it manual (it turns auto back on) - and then changes randomly (even if 'train' it to 100% each time)

7. Waveform Modifier Lollipop Feb 4, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Feb 4, 2019 :
    It is not. Read the official OTA thread.

CosmoKramer70 likes this.
  8. CosmoKramer70 Jelly Bean Feb 4, 2019

CosmoKramer70, Feb 4, 2019 :
    No need to argue the point when its freely available in black and white...

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-3-hot-fix-ota-for-oneplus-5-and-oneplus-5t.975880/
    Q. Why is my brightness low after upgrading to Android Pie 9.0?

A: Google introduced new algorithm for the brightness which will give more control to the user specially in darker environments. The user have to train the brightness preferences for some time in different lighting conditions they use their device so that the device learns it and then adjusts the brightness automatically after that.
    More here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/behind-the-scenes-how-we-adapted-to-android-pie.909531/
    Thanks to
    @@Gary C.

NahbiCris and Waveform Modifier like this.
  9. n0de Eclair Feb 11, 2019

n0de, Feb 11, 2019 :
    ...3 weeks in, and I have to set it 'back' at least 10 times a day.... and you say that this is normal?

ruijmeira likes this.
  10. Waveform Modifier Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Don't know what you are talking about. Nothing the community or OnePlus can do about it.

11. n0de Eclair Feb 11, 2019

n0de, Feb 11, 2019 :
    i'm making sure that the issue isnt skipped - it's a software bug that can be solved.... outside of the 'AI' you cannot disable 'auto' mode (attempting to lock it to a setting without it changing brightness)...

I'm not attempting to upset anyone here - just wanting the issue to be logged as a fault in the hope that a bug is tracked and investigated at the next available patch cycle.

12. Waveform Modifier Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Feb 11, 2019 :
    It is not a bug. If you have an issue with it. This forum is not a bug report site. "Logging" it here does nothing.

13. n0de Eclair Feb 11, 2019

n0de, Feb 11, 2019 :
    if enough people mention it, it'll get noticed (I'm not alone)

14. Waveform Modifier Lollipop Feb 11, 2019

15. n0de Eclair Feb 11, 2019

n0de, Feb 11, 2019 :
    OK, looks like we're going in circles here.

Thanks for your assistance.

16. CosmoKramer70 Jelly Bean Feb 11, 2019

CosmoKramer70, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Then the question comes back have you logged a bug report? posting useless threads here aint the same as logging an official bug report...

NahbiCris and Waveform Modifier like this.
  17. n0de Eclair Feb 13, 2019

n0de, Feb 13, 2019 :
    ...in closing. I need to mention that the replies I received at the end here are unpleasant and completely unprofessional. you are supposed to uphold a modicum of decorum here.

18. NahbiCris Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2019

NahbiCris, Feb 14, 2019 :
    it doesn't have to be professional this is a user forum there is no OnePlus staff here.

if you found a bug report it here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

19. CosmoKramer70 Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2019

CosmoKramer70, Feb 14, 2019 :
    Its cause people are not taking the initiative and searching the forums cause its been covered multiple times already... The new adaptive brightness is something that Google have implemented and we just have to live with it! This is not OnePlus' doing but everyone keeps insisting that it is. This is why you get unpleasant and completely unprofessional responses.
    Take a minute to realise that what we are saying, is how it is and nothing can be done about it. Instead of trying to convince us something and everyone else that is false and untrue...

borft and toastytoast1234 like this.
  20. ruijmeira Gingerbread Feb 14, 2019

ruijmeira, Feb 14, 2019 :
    Actually me too have been having problems with adaptative brightness, and I do understand how the thing was designed to work.
    I've spent more than two weeks "training" the adaptive brightness (with training I mean manually putting the brightness where I want it to) to be at 100% as soon as I entered my gallery app (Piktures). With over two weeks of learning time, and 100+ times manually putting the brightness toggle at 100%, it never got it right, except for a few specific times where the conditions actually required full brightness.
    For me adaptative brightness seemed to be no more than auto brightness. Already ditched it.
    Now, the question I have: Is this an Android problem, or Oxygen OS implementation problem?

n0de likes this.