[CLOSED] Add stereo support on the Nord too via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whosaryan , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Oct 31, 2020 :
    They're really doing it on the Nord N10 and N100?
    I'm pretty sure those phones also have a tiny earpiece speaker tuned to act as stereo.

Don't make us root our phone for just a basic feature OnePlus.
    That's the only missing feature whose absence can be felt everytime i watch a video in landscape and it can be blocked very easily.
    Even if they have to trim down the loudness of the main speaker to equalise the sound with the earpiece, we'll take it . And it's okay if it doesn't sound like the best stereo setup in the world, at least give us an option. Just a basic toggle in the developper settings would be nice enough.
    I'll take a mediocre sounding stereo over a loud mono any day. And I'm pretty sure majority of Nord users might too.

T1594778644399 likes this.
  2. F1599205882544
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2020

F1599205882544 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hi
    Sound volume, quality and overall balance are very poor on a OnePlus Nord compared to Xiaomi or Samsung equivalent. So honestly stereo speakers are at the moment useless. To bypass such a desillusion the only way is the use of OnePlus bluetooth earphones or to buy another phone !

whosaryan likes this.
  3. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 31, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    The OnePlus Nord does not have stereo speakers.
    It was released in that way.
    If newer, different devices has this function is because it was designed to have it.
    Rooting and using the earpiece as speaker may cause a damage on it and void the warranty.
    Please, next time use the search before creating a new thread. This was discussed many times already.
    Thread closed