Eclair Nov 2, 2019

G_Suvankar_Ghosh , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Hey everyone

OxygenOS 10 Changelog

System

Upgraded to Android 10

Brand new UI design

Enhanced location permissions for privacy

New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings

Full-Screen Gestures

Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back

Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps

Game Space

New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience

Smart display

Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)

Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)

Not mentioned in the changelog is the security patch level. The update brings the October 2019 security patches.

Full OTA – OnePlus 6 (Not Available Yet) ||| Full OTA – OnePlus 6T
    https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amaz...gen_34_OTA_040_all_1910270448_e026ea4b864.zip

source
    https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6-oneplus-6t-stable-oxygenos-10-android-10/amp/

6. Bilalazeem54
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2019

Dieselhans likes this.
  7. Balaji6t
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2019

Dieselhans likes this.
  8. W1541339415805
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

W1541339415805 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Great news today, folks. After a short testing period of just 1 Open Beta based on Android 10, OnePlus has already released the official (stable) update to Android Q for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. This is the stable version, so it's meant for everybody and should not contain major bugs or issues.

Read below to see what's new, and more detailed instructions on how to install it if you are currently using the beta version.

What's new?

The new Android Q update contains many improvements, and comes with the following changelog:

System

Upgraded to Android 10

Brand new UI design

Enhanced location permissions for privacy

New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings

Full Screen Gestures

Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back

Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps

Game Space

New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience

Contextual Display

Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)

Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)

How do I get it?

OnePlust just started rolling out the update for the OnePlus 6T and is available in Oxygen Updater and will soon be rolled-out for the OnePlus 6 as well (this means it's not in our app yet. We'll get our hands on it as soon as possible). You can also install it via the regular system updates app, if you prefer to get it that way. Go ahead and install it right away, and explore the new system update to discover all its features and improvements

For users running the regular / stable version of OxygenOS

You only have to download and install the update using Oxygen Updater. That shouldn't be that hard, right?

For users running the Open Beta or the Android Q developer preview (previously named "Android Q beta" in Oxygen Updater):

You can still install the final version, but you'll have to factory reset your device and switch the update method of the app to either Full or Incremental update afterwards. That can be done by tapping the three dots in the top right of Oxygen Updater, choosing Settings and selecting a new update method on that screen.

Download- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

C1539319470279 likes this.

amanps likes this.
  10. viven2892
    Eclair Nov 2, 2019

Dieselhans, amanps and C1539319470279 like this.
  11. Shinchan1311
    Froyo Nov 2, 2019

12. darkwingz
    Froyo Nov 2, 2019

13. sirius3
    Eclair Nov 2, 2019

sirius3 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Updated to10 from stable pie on TMo converted to international without a single problem,I used download from Oxygen Updater app (must have app). There's some issues I've run into so far: faulty rendering of various keyboards (Gboard,Swiftkey,Fleksy) whereby it displays extra space below the keyboard; I can't choose default apps since it won't let me clear previous defaults (greyed-out "clear" button); color rendering is just odd ( even in different modes -natural,etc) hard to explain but colors just look a bit off when compared to pie -but maybe I just need to get used to that; Pedometer cannot be reset. Slightly buggy gestures. Overall is very usable and solid. It does feel more like a Beta2 though more than stable. There's most definitely kinks to fix in order to make it as "mature" as the stable Pie currently feels, however, Android 10 is definitely a step forward and I'm definitely happy that the OP team had A10 as fast as they've rolled it out. if you're peeky with your system I'd wait until there's another update or so. this is a keeper for me, I don't feel like going back to pie, I'm just gonna wait until these details get worked out. Kudos to the OP team again.

14. Silencer7
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

Silencer7 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    I factory reseted the phone ,with all data erased, but still says I am on beta ,is this normal to proceed?

15. masqu
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2019

masqu , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Yes

16. Sathiyaraju
    Donut Nov 2, 2019

17. Amrb1318
    Donut Nov 2, 2019

Bilalazeem54 likes this.
  19. Amrb1318
    Donut Nov 2, 2019

Amrb1318 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    op6 t has got update op6 users have to wait for while

20. VassagoU7
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

VassagoU7 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Coming from beta 30, why factory reset is required?

You can still install the final version, but you'll have to factory reset your device and switch the update method of the app to either Full or Incremental update afterwards