[CLOSED]Android 11 update for OnePlus 7 via OnePlus 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kale96K
    Eclair Feb 23, 2021

Kale96K , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Hello everyone,
    I recently came to know that my mom's phone (Samsung Galaxy M30s) received Android 11 stable update in mid February. Guys this phone came with similar Android version (9 pie) out of the box and was released only 3 months after OnePlus was launched.
    Considering the cost of phones M30s costs only 15000 INR; Whereas OnePlus 7 costs 33000 INR when they were launched. This is a very disappointing scenario where a phone costing less than half of what we own is getting faster upgrades, not to mention M30s is not even a flagship model compared to Oneplus 7.
    Owing to the price and comparison between both the models I feel cheated for not receiving promised updates even after paying more money than other phones.
    This post is not to disrespect OnePlus or anyone else but to throw a light on the situation we are facing. I hope OnePlus 7 receives the update soon, before users decide to get rid of the phone.
    Oneplus's motto of "Never Settle" seems to have lost it's prestige.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Feb 23, 2021

Dresa91 , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Please keep in mind that this is a user forum and not a support platform of OnePlus

Artemus. and otto2 like this.
  3. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Feb 23, 2021

pablofg1978 , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    Please use the search before creating a new thread, there are similar threads already open and answered.
    The delay on the update has nothing to do with what you paid for it, it has to do with the SOC, since the SD855 had a decryption issue that any other mobile using another SOC did not had.
    Oxygen os 11 is still under development for your device model by OnePlus. It will be released when it is ready.
    There is no ETA.
    Please read and use this thread for further discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-notice-about-oxygenos-11-for-our-previous-devices.1351579/
    Thread closed

Dresa91 likes this.