[CLOSED]Another way to protect your phone from damage from the inside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD-STARZ-X
    Donut May 26, 2017

JD-STARZ-X , May 26, 2017 :
    hey :)

i wanted to share something with you all . Basically we all have a beautiful phone that is the Oneplus 3/3t and i personally use a tough case and a glass screen protector to... well 'Protect' my phone from damage like drops etc etc

But what about the inside of the phone ? We all have precious data that we do not want damaged or lost/hijacked so my two solutions are as follows .

Number 1 Make sure you have an Antivirus programme (i use avg pro) There are lots of free ones on the Playstore for you to choose . That will help up to 90% more to protect your data .

Number 2 Always use Encryption when using Wifi and your own networks data.
    I use Opera vpn (it's free) (And Encrypts all your apps and browsing history from ad trackers whom follow you around online collecting all your information to sell on to other companies)

I do realise that many of you are much more tech savvy than me and already kno what I've said but i hope to help at least some people .

Do you have any good advice to help others like mine ? Pls share

jasprjay likes this.
  2. tinydez
    Gingerbread May 26, 2017

tinydez , May 26, 2017 :
    Technically speaking, if you want to protect the inside of your phone, you should use a nano coating spray to repel water. That will protect a the conductive circuits from shorting out and make your phone more water resistant. This would help prevent data loss if that's your goal xD.

3. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 26, 2017

4. Venkatraman Pillai
    Gingerbread May 26, 2017

F_Shamik_Patel_eLQW likes this.
  5. Iuliskaya
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 26, 2017

6. thesplitter
    Honeycomb May 26, 2017

thesplitter , May 26, 2017 :
    if your goal is to waste battery and data then go ahead
    android does not need an antivirus, just a bit of common sense, also you should always keep in mind that you wouldn't have all these free apps and services if it wasn't for ads. if you don't like them just go for paid apps, it's anyway better to have e personalised ads than some random things.

about privacy and WiFi networks, it is very rare to encounter a man in the middle / someone that wants to see what you're doing, it's not something that common, unless you have people interested in you and your data.

7. JerRV5G
    Gingerbread May 26, 2017

8. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2017

Dunnow , May 26, 2017 :
    That is stupid.

Yes, most of them are spammy apps or the viruses themselves. Specially if they come from outside the playstore.

That will make 90% of the users that get one, get weird "unlock" screens and fullscreen ads.

Thanks to your [edit by moderator] argument.

wait what? since when you can decide when to encrypt and when not to encrypt data?

It's either encrypted or not...

Ohhh, you mean using bullshit VPN's that will make the data go slower, get tracked in god knows what VPN "free service" and all that shit?

Well, Google uses HTTPS protocols, which means, my data is already safe, the rest, I don't give a **** about. Whatsapp data is encrypted by default, facebook uses HTTPS too, twitter too...

So yeah..., no need to send my data through other's persons VPN's making everything slower just because I'm a paranoid.

You actually complicated the lives of other human beings, can't wait to see how many of them install "anti-viruses" that end up being a spam*filled* app.

Yes, my advice to you is that you start reading, but reading legit sources, and not other *people* on the internet that go around saying they know shit, while recommending using antivirus programs on a Linux kernel based system...

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017

Joffy_Jose, Sun90, Wahoux and 4 others like this.
  9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 26, 2017

Dunnow , May 26, 2017 :
    And in the same network...

Sun90 likes this.
  10. JD-STARZ-X
    Donut May 27, 2017

zal1 likes this.
  11. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 27, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 27, 2017 :
    Well to be fair, so was your advice.

I understand that you meant well, but spreading misinformation like that does more harm than good.

Sun90, thesplitter and Loveit like this.
  12. ut2000
    Honeycomb May 27, 2017

Loveit likes this.
  13. kkiiddaa
    Froyo May 27, 2017

kkiiddaa , May 27, 2017 :
    dumbest post I've seen in ... idk, an hour? this is by far the dumbest forum I've ever seen.

hotsauce and Batfink32 like this.
  14. Arai
    Honeycomb May 27, 2017

Arai , May 27, 2017 :
    The best way to keep your device safe is using it in a safe and sensible manner:
    1. Never allow unrecognized Apk installation, unless you're sure it's from reputable source
    2. Practice safe browsing, make sure you're using HTTPS site especially if you're required to input data
    3. Never click link or attachment in your emails before triple check the source, especially if the source is in your friends list
    4. Use 2 factor authentication every where possible but always keep a separate code securely in case you lost your device
    5. Use password manager
    6. Clear cache once every month
    7. Use cloud sync for picture/data, back up to another local storage and clear out from your device every month

mariogold42 likes this.
  15. dmroopesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2017

16. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 27, 2017

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    thank you for your kind words. you are welcome

Joffy_Jose, Sun90 and thesplitter like this.
  17. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2017

18. F_Shamik_Patel_eLQW
    Honeycomb May 27, 2017

19. Giannis_Xalikia
    Gingerbread May 27, 2017

20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 27, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 27, 2017 :
    You're going to give @SoniaB orders? That will end well.

hotsauce and Sun90 like this.