[CLOSED / ANSWERED] OnePlus 7t android 11 Buggy Update 11.0.0.2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldusername
    Gingerbread May 5, 2021

oldusername , via OnePlus 7T , May 5, 2021 :
    That is all okay.... But why you guys are liking each other post😀 cheating.

2. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 5, 2021

Does!Compute , May 5, 2021 :
    Because we are saying the exact same thing in different ways, trying to get users like you to understand that there is absolutely no need to create redundant threads

3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 5, 2021

Tokolozi , May 5, 2021 :
    Are we seriously needing to defend ourselves here on the topic? If it wasn't for users like us, this forum would probably just be complaining posts and no actual "fun" content.... Let's see how many people want to interact on a forum/community like that.

"Silvertooth" might think we're the toxic community here, but in reality, most users don't go away because of us, but because of the repetitive mindless nonsense being posted here, without any look at the search or even pinned threads within the sub categories they post in.

Sure the first 5 times I see an issue, I'll answer it in a civilized method .... But that's still 4 to many if you ask me. After 10 I'll do the usual.

Btw.... @silverthooth if you don't like it ... Let's see you improve it yourself. Instead of criticizing us, help the cupcakes so desperately in pain. Let's see how long you stay sane.

the_o2, McJader, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  4. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , May 5, 2021 :
    You know, reward-penalty system

Positive feedback for the things you agree with, and none or negative you disagree with 😊

the_o2, McJader, ghostofcain and 4 others like this.
  5. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , May 5, 2021 :
    Nah.... Everyone needs to agree with him!

McJader, B_Wrath, ghostofcain and 2 others like this.
  6. oldusername
    Gingerbread May 5, 2021

LoL

7. oldusername
    Gingerbread May 5, 2021

8. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , May 5, 2021 :
    Indeed,

In general people agree with what they themselves say. At least if they mean what they say.

McJader and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  9. oldusername
    Gingerbread May 5, 2021

Indeed... Now I got to know why your username is tokolozi...that was some Tyrion Lannister speech.

10. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , May 5, 2021 :
    Tikoloshe, Tokoloshe, Tokolotshe, It is considered a mischievous and evil spirit that can become invisible by drinking water or swallowing a stone. Tokoloshes are called upon by malevolent people to cause trouble for others. At its least harmful, a tokoloshe can be used to scare children, but its power extends to causing illness or even the death of the victim. The creature might be banished by a pastor (especially with an apostolic calling), who has the power to expel it from the area. It is also considered a part of superstition and is often used in a satirical manner as a reference to overcome.

If you really wanted to know.

11. J1579745149863
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

12. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , May 5, 2021 :
    Try trurning off the "intelligently select best Wifi" in preferences. If that doesn't work you can also try to reset the Wifi adapter in settings.

McJader, Sheppards and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  13. L1572934730510
    Cupcake May 5, 2021

Ribinvox likes this.
  14. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 5, 2021

ghostofcain , May 5, 2021 :
    And what have YOU done to identify YOUR battery drain?

B_Wrath, Ribinvox and Tokolozi like this.
  15. Ribinvox
    Gingerbread May 5, 2021

Ribinvox , May 5, 2021 :
    degrade to 10.3.8 android 10

L1572934730510 likes this.
  16. L1572934730510
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

17. L1572934730510
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

18. Ribinvox
    Gingerbread May 6, 2021

Ribinvox , May 6, 2021 :
    yes now I'm 10.3.8

19. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2021

Drasm19 , via OnePlus 7T , May 6, 2021 :
    I agree with everything you said except for the fact that he should have factory reset his phone.

How on earth is that a responsible solution? Why should any customer sacrifice all his data merely because the company fcuked up a simple update?

OnePlus is not the only company to roll out Android 11 update for their devices, almost all of them had smoother upgrade compared to OnePlus.
    Samsung, Nokia and even the Motorola devices have been working fine and didn't require frequent reboots/cache clearing sessions/factory reset to work.

FYI, I did everything you mentioned, tried cache clearing from recovery and when nothing else worked I did a complete factory reset and started from scratch, yet all the probelms he mentioned (and some more that he didn't) still persist.

I had to clear my cache almost half an hour ago because the UI was utterly unresponsive.

I know that you have to defend the company that showers goodies upon you but neither OnePlus or any of its moderators have so far given any credible reason for such a delayed sloppy update or how to fix the issues faced by its users.

I've been modding and tinkering my Android and iOS devices for over 11 years now, I can happily tell you that OOS 11 stands tall in the hall of the most buggy shameless updates I've seen so far.

This feels worse than what Samsung did with TouchWiz or Xiaomi did with MiUI 3.

Atleast, they were still pioneers battling the untested waters of android devlopment in its early days, OnePlus being backed by BBK, 7 years into smartphone business, has no excuse for vomiting such a fragmented update in 2021.

Do your duty as a moderator, but don't berate users who are rightly frustrated about a genuine concern.

Even better, try raising these concerns with higher ups and hold them to the same standards of practice that you seem to be enforcing on the average user who spent close to 700$ on mere unfulfilled promises.

As for the claims that forums are surviving because of moderators and would look grim and devoid of fun like Mordor, I ask you this: What use is a fun forum if it cannot fulfill its basic functions?
    95% of users use these forums only to know if there are any updates available or to share their problems related to the update.

Personally, I would be okay with a dull forum, but not with a dull/laggy OS.

Last edited: May 6, 2021

colaboy, Jacksparrow974 and RaraBunny like this.
  20. RaraBunny
    Gingerbread May 6, 2021

RaraBunny , May 6, 2021 :
    Even if we were to raise these issues on the main thread, it would be buried with all the other comments, without seeing the daylight.

"There are no OnePlus employees here"
    "Try clearing cache or factory reset your phone"

These are the repetitive garbage that moderators masquerade as answers whenever someone raises an issue.
    If these bugs are submitted via official channels/feedback along with logs, the only response anyone gets is that "we'll look into this."
    There are no follow-ups and the subsequent updates seem to be festered with the same bugs.

Funny enough, I had to reboot while writing this response as the phone froze while commenting.

So much for a flagship device built with community feedback.