[CLOSED / ANSWERED] OnePlus 7t android 11 Buggy Update 11.0.0.2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

Does!Compute , May 6, 2021 :
    Let's get this clear once and for all.

1. I am NOT a moderator on the forum, BUT A USER (do you see a moderator tag beside my username?). So no, I do not get any goodies (except for a shitty mug I received for an OEF I participated in). So no, it's not in my power to raise any of these concerns with higher-ups (even mods have very little power in that regard, except in the case of CS issues, where they do an excellent job. Just DM them and you'll see).

2. I have been testing OOS 11 since DP 4 on the 8 Pro and Beta 1 on the 7T. The only issues I have faced on them are 2 random reboots (on DP4 only) and the Youtube rotate bug on Beta 3 build in the 8 Pro, and the wide-angle camera issue on the 7T Beta. None of this battery drain, heating issue (my ambient temperature exceeds 40 degrees C during the day sometimes), lagging, or app crashes. Hence my suggestion to clear cache and perform a factory reset to see if background applications might be causing unnecessary issues. Just yesterday, a user created a (redundant) thread suggesting everyone to do a factory reset as it fixed every one of his issues (over the last 6 generations of OnePlus devices, I have seen this being suggested every year on the forums, and it has helped quite a few people).

3. Other devices are also facing issues after A11 update (Mi A3 bricking issues, the touchscreen issues on the S20 FE getting worse, Asus Zenfone 6 hard bricking and boot loop issues, loss of dual-sim call support on Samsung devices), so issues in new updates aren't isolated to OnePlus (and unfortunately, none of these issues are reproducible on a huge scale on any OEMs devices, so it will be a while before these are fixed for everyone). (Not supporting OnePlus here, but Android 11 in general might have some underlying issues as the types of issues have gone up across OEMs this year).

4. Over the last year or so, I have become more against OnePlus, than for. (Read any thread in which users ask for suggestions on a device, and you will find posts by me suggesting Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi or Sony, depending on the user's region). OnePlus should blame their poor quality check (OP8 Pro display issues) and horrendous CS team for the same. So no, I don't defend them (and have called out their Update policy and CS support in various threads opened for proper discussions for these exact topics in the correct sections of the forums).

5. Remember the Android System Webview bug a few weeks ago? There were 100s of threads created everyday for weeks, despite multiple pinned threads for the same topic. I would have helped out atleast 50 people (a very conservative number). What was the point? Why couldn't people have searched or checked the pinned thread? The problem is, people aren't willing to understand that the community isn't the same as customer service. New threads created on a topic send the older ones to the later pages. Creators of the older threads create new ones to bring their issues back to the front page. The cycle repeats. Very soon, hundreds of threads are available for a thread. People who search are overwhelmed by this crazy number of threads, and don't know which one to use. So they create another one yet again. The discussions get diluted over a hundred threads. Solutions that worked for some aren't easily accessible to others for this very reason. So yes, I'll harp over the fact that redundant threads need to be limited as much as possible FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE.

6. You asked me what a forum would look like if it didn't fulfill its basic functions. What would the forum look like if no one followed basic common sense and the forum rules? How many people actually help on the forums? A handful (@Dresa91 @McJader @Mr. BG @ShreyasPatil_ @B_Wrath @Bobbie63 @Swejuggalo @the_o2 @Caoimhin, me and a few more, sorry but can't name everyone). How many threads can we realistically answer (sometimes without even having the device)? Your guess is as good as mine. OnePlus "Bug Hunters" are lousy, and absolutely unhelpful. Their team on the forum is non-existent (MODERATORS ARE NOT TEAM MEMBERS, BUT MOSTLY USERS). The feedback section is swarmed, the same issues are "reported" again and again.
    For example: In the April FAQ on OOS, it was officially declared that OOS 11 Beta 1 for 6 series will be released in end August. Yet, every few hours there is a thread asking for a timeline for the update, or sharing articles that state the same. Whats the point? Due to this, important posts like @B_Wrath's post on Customer Service (which the team actually read, for once), get pushed back, out of sight of people who want to crib about these exact problems.

7. People on the forum did agree to the terms and conditions before creating a forum account. Is it too much to ask them to follow forum rules? Especially when it will make it easier for everyone to find quicker resolution to their problems.

8. OnePlus' customer service system is broken, if not non-existent (I wholeheartedly agree). The only to way actually get your bugs and questions answered is with the help of other community members. You talk about us "berating" users. Ever wondered how often we get "hate" messages on the forums, because what we suggested fixed their issue "partially or temporarily", or something like "who are you to recommend me to clear cache?". Its a weekly affair atleast. So no, if people are actually going to threaten me via dm (aka almost everyone in my ignore list), then I am going to be sarcastic in redundant threads, and like always, ask them to search and use existing threads, instead of creating redundant ones. And often, its these people who initially act like punks in the threads, and then come begging for help via DM.

Note: The Caps are only for emphasis, not screaming. I'm typing on my phone, so I cannot use Italics or Bold.

That's all I have to say on this. Anything else you might want to discuss, feel free to DM me.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 6, 2021

3. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

Well, honestly, if you stopped answering threads for 1 week, the forums would seriously collapse :)

4. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 6, 2021 :
    This is absolutely true.
    We are spending our free time to help other users...
    And as thanks we get back insults, incomprehension, etc...

time changed,…
    Back in 2016 or 2017 the forum was a different place.
    People here on the forum forget WHAT the forum actually is.
    They think that the forum is a mixture of official support platform, social media platform and employee platform.

Tokolozi, the_o2, McJader and 4 others like this.
  5. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

Honestly, I often feel I should just stick to wormhole and a few threads by people like you (the Android 11 for 6 series news one) and the old-time users, so atleast the multitude of abuses flowing my way would reduce (absolutely gutter language), just because I ask people to try clearing cache from recovery (which they don't even know how to do. Google search?)
    But again, on occasion, we get the rare thanks and smiley, and that does feel good :)

the_o2, Bobbie63, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  6. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 6, 2021 :
    Yeah,… true,…
    I don’t know why they don’t use the search function in the forum or use Google,… that would help them,… and it’s faster,…

And just like you, I am dissatisfied with OnePlus when it comes to updates.
    Personally, I still use a Google Pixel 3, which I will replace in the autumn with (if good) an ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip, a Pixel 6 or iPhone 13...

7. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

I still have to bear the display issues in my 8 Pro for another year. After that, Samsung, Apple or Google (flagship chipset, please) will get my money :)

Bobbie63, McJader and Dresa91 like this.
  8. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2021

ShreyasPatil_ , May 6, 2021 :
    @Arjun_Choudhry That's the reason i have reduced my activity in general support section. The users feel that we work for OnePlus and they pay us for this job and start barging on us. So i only answer relevant threads and skip such illogical threads.

9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 6, 2021 :
    I am looking for the new Google chip:) hope the Pixel 6 will be a good device:)

Bobbie63 and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  10. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 6, 2021 :
    Yeah,… it’s a pity,…people just don’t understand it,…

11. McJader
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

McJader , May 6, 2021 :
    Nicely put. I think all the people you've tagged (and some more) can relate to the all points you raise.
    I especially agree with this one, I've gotten atleast 10 DMs asking for help from people who were complete jerks in the open forums. And I helped them? Yes, because they acted like decent human beings. I also explained to them exactly what you have said above, and now, you won't find them polluting the forums anymore.
    The problem is, as you say, there are only a handful of people to help, and a tsunami of jerks to handle.

12. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2021

ShreyasPatil_ , May 6, 2021 :
    Also we can blame community app for the same, we cant differentiate between moderator and user unless we tap on their profile.

Bobbie63, Dresa91 and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  13. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 6, 2021

B_Wrath , May 6, 2021 :
    That's the sad truth. We keep the forum lively, yet, we are blamed.
    None of the members in this thread are moderators. We are fellow users.
    And no, moderators don't work for OnePlus.
    This. Exactly what it is. The community is not a CS!
    It won't hurt anyone to be courteous to fellow users who are trying to help.
    And we are humans too. After answering to the same question 10 times, I for one, will definitely snap and be sarcastic with my responses.
    Kudos to the Mods though. I have no idea how they keep a calm tone every time.
    All of the Mods are users. No one works for OnePlus.
    Exactly the reason why I blocked access to my DM. I have gotten death threats just because the user didn't follow my detailed instructions and ended up deleting all his data.
    That makes me wonder. Why the heck should I continue helping, if no one is going to be at least grateful for the help we give.

Tokolozi, the_o2, Bobbie63 and 3 others like this.
  14. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

I have noticed that. Haven't seen you in the General Support section for a while. Hope all good on your end :)

Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.
  15. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

Same buddy, same. Hope it's priced reasonably in India too :)

the_o2, Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.
  16. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 6, 2021 :
    Yeah,…

17. Dresa91

Dresa91 , May 6, 2021 :
    finger are crossed:)

18. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

Ever received threats and abuses after people carelessly pressed the wrong button in recovery? (Aka factory reset ;))

the_o2, Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.
  19. McJader
    Marshmallow May 6, 2021

McJader , May 6, 2021 :
    Not yet:p

20. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 6, 2021

Haven't used that for anything except the daily login ;)

Bobbie63, McJader and Dresa91 like this.