(Closed as answered) Nightscape mode for Front Camera for One Plus 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rohitpande2009
    Eclair Dec 14, 2018

Santoshtheone and X1537820866635 like this.
  2. harshit.b.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2018

harshit.b. , Dec 14, 2018 :
    Never. It's meant for landscape photography at night, hence the name "nightscape". It's not meant for human subjects. Use the search option instead of creating a redundant thread next time.

Gav_W86, B_Wrath and xnutzii like this.
  3. ArmataReloaded
    Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2018

xnutzii likes this.
  4. DARTH 007
    KitKat Dec 14, 2018

ngydat likes this.
  5. ngydat
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2018

ngydat , Dec 14, 2018 :
    You ask as if One Plus once told that Nightscape would be available for the front camera. Which was never the case...

6. Rohitpande2009
    Eclair Dec 20, 2018

Rohitpande2009 , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Bro Google pixel has nighscape mode for front camera also then whay can't one plus have it.
    though it does mean night scape why can't be it used for a human subject can you explain????
    I have taken much of human images with nighscapes & those are awesome.

7. Rohitpande2009
    Eclair Dec 20, 2018

Rohitpande2009 , Dec 20, 2018 :
    for low light selfies. it would be much useful.

Santoshtheone likes this.
  8. F_Mohammed_Salman_NIND
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2018

F_Mohammed_Salman_NIND , Dec 20, 2018 :
    The most narrow minded, useless, crappy, arrogant reply i have ever heard in the decade. This is the community bro, he made his valid demand as an end user. Stop pretend to be dictatoristic ceo of oneplus

Rohitpande2009 and Santoshtheone like this.
  9. harshit.b.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2018

harshit.b. , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Google's night sight ≠ OnePlus's nightscape. The core principals are same but they are still different. As I said before nightscape was meant to take landscape shots at night, they never said it was meant for human subjects or moving objects. You can still use it to take human portraits though but just know that it was never meant for it.
    Nightscape's main focus is to capture landscape shots so I don't see why they would enable it for the front camera as pretty much nobody will be using their front cam to take landscape shots.

10. harshit.b.

Use the gcam mod instead, it much better.

11. harshit.b.

So stating facts and asking that person to search instead of creating redundant threads because this has already been addressed many times makes me narrow minded and arrogant? can't argue with that logic.

Rohitpande2009 likes this.
  12. script
    Moderator Moderator Dec 20, 2018

script , Dec 20, 2018 :
    The nightscape mode is best for static pictures of wide arrangements like skylines. It takes the pic in a longer exposure technique. If you take pictures of people, who are closer, and moving, normally that longer exposure leads to faces that are blurry and not good in focus.

I don't know if OnePlus plans to open this to the front camera, but I doubt it, as it would not make sense.

The Google cam is a good alternative. In the photo section you can find info and download links, just read the December monthly first post.

Thread closed

Rohitpande2009 likes this.