[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Jan 23, 2015

2. glennji
    Eclair Jan 23, 2015

glennji , Jan 23, 2015 :
    So my OPO has shipped -- to Hop•Shop•Go anyway. Not quite a WOOHOO moment, but I'll give it an "oooooh yeaaah".

I feel like an idiot, but I didn't realise how bad the Aussie dollar was to the USD -- "$477 to Paypal?" says my wife. "No, should be $377!" says I. :oops:

Still cheap for the spec but considering I was waiting to get a job offer (got, accepted, start on Tuesday) it was a bit of an oversight on my part.

3. dazspy
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2015

dazspy , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Hey all, I've just joined in this slightly odd forum/invite world, before I carry on imposing here I have question.. do I need to join the 'dinky-di...' group to be involved here?
    I ask as that thread/group link seems to be blacked out/'closed'

Thnks.

4. Deactivated User
    Jan 23, 2015

5. dazspy
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2015

dazspy , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Assuming I am ok to join in here...
    So I'm in Rocky... working in the CSGas out west. I'm English/pomme but have been here for over 2 yrs now.
    I recently got the kitkat update on my S4 and the sd card restrictions have annoyed the .... out of me, so I attempted a 'root' (pause for chuckles). I ended up bricking my phone.. oops. After a sleep and a heap of research I found I had 'soft' bricked and was able to reflash and now the old s4 is up and running again. .
    but now my interest in a new 'root' friendly phone is piqued and I'm over this s4 kitkat restriction..

So thats my hello to you all.

6. cyclopsoz
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2015

cyclopsoz , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Just make sure you have a freight forwarder setup before you purchase the OPO and you shipping address is setup in you OnePlus account and all will be sweet.
    Welcome aboard.

7. glennji
    Eclair Jan 23, 2015

glennji , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Hmm, I didn't introduce myself either (how rude):

I'm a software engineer, been in Sydney for a year and a half. Just about to start a new job, but have been playing with Android for a while and found the OPO after Googling for "best hacker phone" -- and nothing says "hipster hacker poser" like a phone with a big "cyanogenmod" logo!! ;)

Can NOT freakin' wait to get my hands on the beast.

EDIT: Added winky emoticon to signal that I'm taking the piss. Can we say "taking the piss" on this forum, or will I get blocked now?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

8. shokk
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2015

shokk , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Have sent you a pm to message me an email address if you want an invite. Be quick though.

Edit: it appears he has left the room.oh well.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

9. cyclopsoz
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2015

That's okay hipster, welcome aboard ;)

glennji likes this.
  10. shokk
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2015

shokk , Jan 23, 2015 :
    I see he got one from whirlpool so all is good.

11. cyclopsoz
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2015

Hard work giving them away sometimes ;)

shokk likes this.
  12. dazspy
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2015

dazspy , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Haha. Thanks for the invite offer. I am tempted but not quite ready to buy yet. Plus off to work, puts me out of action for a while. I'll be bk soon though.
    once again thank you for the invite offer!

13. Deactivated User
    Jan 23, 2015

14. Deactivated User
    Jan 23, 2015

15. sfino89
    Eclair Jan 24, 2015

Attached Files:

glennji likes this.
  16. 650GS
    Eclair Jan 24, 2015

17. cyclopsoz
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2015

cyclopsoz , Jan 25, 2015 :
    It's okay hipster, I was talking the mickey ;)

glennji likes this.
  18. Cobrin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 25, 2015

Cobrin , Jan 25, 2015 :
    I can just beat that:
    [​IMG]

3days 3hrs 32mins 5sec uptime on that period, admittedly I did plug the phone into the PC to transfer a couple of hd movies and by doing that it did take a small charge for the several minutes it was connected. I hadn't use the phone for calls or txt much, as I was customising the phone to my liking widgets/layout/theme/apps that kinda thing. Still it's a great phone.

sfino89 likes this.
  19. cyclopsoz
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2015

heath ledger likes this.
  20. glennji
    Eclair Jan 25, 2015

glennji , Jan 25, 2015 :
    Clicking "refresh" on the order tracking page for about the thousandth time ...