[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokk
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

shokk , Sep 7, 2015 :
    I read somewhere that the dollar could go under 60 US cents by years end. :(

2. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2015

3rutu5 , Sep 7, 2015 :
    I read something about it hitting 50's by end off next year .... Totally sucks

3. invmeplz
    Froyo Sep 7, 2015

invmeplz , Sep 7, 2015 :
    It absolutely sucks that the AUD is dropping like crap. Being a big tech fan, I enjoy playing games, and using technology. For whatever reason, a lot of games are sold at American or Euro prices, and that needs to be converted. Then they're putting a 10% tax onto buying some games, which we "definitely" needed. What would could have been $50, is now $100. Then there's technology, my friend has been put off buying the new phone because of the conversion, and computer parts are so expensive compared to the other countries. Yay 'Straya? Eh, not feeling it right now.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015

4. drfreak
    Eclair Sep 7, 2015

drfreak , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Received an invite email last night, won't be using it due to the poor conversion rate and I'm happy with my One. What a real shame... can see the Two being a rare device in Oz now.

5. Deactivated User
    Sep 7, 2015

6. CaptainRambo
    Donut Sep 7, 2015

CaptainRambo , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Also received an invite for a Oneplus Two, probably gonna let it expire unless someone here wants it. My OPO still doing me well.

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. 1qp
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

1qp , Sep 8, 2015 :
    conversion rate will be bad for a while, i bought three days ago with the converted price being 650, still half the cost of any smart phone its competing with.

i found the problem with my one but only made it worse, lucky ive found parts and getting a robotics engineer to reattach the power and volume buttons to the board

allenlau and Deactivated User like this.
  8. 1qp
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

1qp , Sep 8, 2015 :
    even if ordering from over seas or ordering from a store in Australia, we will always have inflated prices but it is fair as these are made overseas and we are an island in the middle of no were with a small population, so for a company to want to sell products here they need to have that price on it for it to be worth while. but when buying from a store its only converted and most the time the prices are fixed and don't fluctuate and shipping is eliminated as they take the cost of that.

its upsetting we don't have the market as other countries as there is so much things that people would like to have but can't as its not possible, it sucks that you and your friend have been put off buying products, but as i see it, they are still 50% cheaper for phones with equivalent specification. so i will have the rare OnePlus two in Australia

9. Deactivated User
    Sep 8, 2015

allenlau likes this.
  10. invmeplz
    Froyo Sep 8, 2015

invmeplz , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Don't get me wrong, I love my OPO, and I'm sure the OP2 is a good product too. I myself am not actually after one, but I was planning on giving him a invite so that he could buy one. Unfortunately, with the conversion rates, it doesn't seem worthwhile going for. Sure, it outclasses other phones, but there are better phones to get at that price which are easier to get.
    To sum this up, I am the opposite of being against buying the OP2 in Australia, in fact, I like that you are getting one. One of the reasons why I got my OPO was that it was rare to Australia, and it felt special having one. I'm only against the pricing in Australia, not OP.

PS Sorry if I was unclear with my previous message, I know of the reasons our tech costs a lot, it's just very annoying.

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2015

3rutu5 , Sep 8, 2015 :
    With the strong Aussie dollar "cough, cough" the one plus 4 will be back in a reasonable price range

12. 1qp
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

1qp , Sep 8, 2015 :
    i get asked so many times with the one, which iPhone is that, i have the biggest internal face palm, then when i explain its a one plus one, one plus being the company name and on being the model it flies right over there head.

Apple and Samsung fanboys for you

currently sporting a Microsoft lumia 435 btw with the one waiting for parts for repair.

invmeplz likes this.
  13. invmeplz
    Froyo Sep 8, 2015

invmeplz , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Surprisingly, I haven't had that question asked to me before, maybe once. When I received my phone, I thought I'd get asked that all the time. It's possible that the question went over my head a few times and I completely ignored it.
    Explaining the name of my phone annoys me sometimes. As you've explained, they don't get that the company is called Oneplus, and the model is called One. Then they go, "Oh, never heard of them, must be a cheap (not in the positive way) brand", or "What a stupid name for a company/phone". I mean, iPhone...iPad... Seriously? You don't think those are stupid names? Sometimes, when I really cannot be bothered, I just go with it, I explain that it's a unknown company, and if they think it's a cheap company, I honestly couldn't care less. So far, I only know one person for real that knew what my phone was without having me have to explain it.

Apple fanboys man... At least Samsung are Android.

PS I get internal facepalms daily... The stupid questions and things people say..... Sometimes when it gets really bad, I do a literal facepalm or I tell them I'm mentally facepalming.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015

14. jonahtau
    Froyo Sep 8, 2015

jonahtau , Sep 8, 2015 :
    havent been here for a while ...sorry is the donate to an aussie thing still going on just got my invite dont want it wanted to pass it on to any aussie who wanted

15. Deactivated User
    Sep 8, 2015

allenlau likes this.
  16. Deactivated User
    Sep 8, 2015

allenlau and Deactivated User like this.
  17. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Haha the guys I worked with just use to ask me how my Chinese iPad is going.....I don't think they appreciate the size :)

18. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Read back pages? Why would I do that

[​IMG]

19. shokk
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

shokk , Sep 8, 2015 :
    That would be great. It will be time to replace my opo by then. ::)

20. Deactivated User
    Sep 8, 2015