[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Oct 27, 2015

2. allenlau
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2015

allenlau , Oct 27, 2015 :
    No issue with MMS if you have gotten the CM12.1 Nightlies since late Sep I think.

3. shokk
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2015

shokk , Oct 28, 2015 :
    It isn't Chris with a "T ", is it? :eek:

allenlau likes this.
  4. kpmak
    Eclair Oct 28, 2015

kpmak , Oct 28, 2015 :
    Hi All,

I am a newbie and this is my first post on any of the OnePlus forums. My current phone Nexus 5 has literally suffering its last breath and I am looking to buy an OPT as compared to the hyped Nexus 5X or 6P.
    As I live in Canberra with Amaysim (Optus) network, I have to buy the European version of the OPT to ensure that I get maximum 4G bands coverage.
    Can anyone please guide me through as how I can order a European version of OPT delivered here in Australia through the OP web (* if I do manage to get an invite from a generous donor)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mak

5. Deactivated User
    Oct 28, 2015

shokk likes this.
  6. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2015

3rutu5 , Oct 28, 2015 :
    Yeah no nighties, just regular OTAs for me and naada

7. allenlau
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

allenlau , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Hey Mak,
    Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find a freight-forwarder who can forward to Aus from Europe/HK. It's a bummer for sure but that was a few weeks ago. Perhaps, there may have had a solution by now (maybe).

8. kpmak
    Eclair Oct 29, 2015

kpmak , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Thanks for the response, allenlau.

Surprisingly, there is only one grey market supplier (**********) I could find on the net which sells a European version of OPT to Australia, but they charge around $625-$650 which is obviously a bit more. On top of that, based on the reviews I have read about the grey market sellers (including Kogan) regarding the OPT, they sometimes put in malwares in the phone and if you flash a fresh OxygenOS, it would void your warranty according their warranty policy (I confirmed with a couple of sellers). So looks like there is no feasible option for us at the moment.

Mak

shokk and allenlau like this.
  9. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2015

3rutu5 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    So....one plus x? Looks nice from the marketing spiel but didn't say much about the phone itself (dimensions etc, yes it talks camera and OS). Looks smaller and hate to say it I felt I could see a bit of apple like stylings... So completely blind based on the link emailed this morning, would the OPO and OPT brethren buy a OPX?

Great thing about having a new born..you're up every 2-3ish hours and have plenty of time to read waiting for baby to settle

allenlau and Deactivated User like this.
  10. Tymatk
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

Tymatk , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Same here, i even consider flash it back to Kitkat where everything was working beautifully.

11. Deactivated User
    Nov 1, 2015

allenlau likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Nov 1, 2015

shokk and allenlau like this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Nov 1, 2015

allenlau likes this.
  14. timbetters
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2015

15. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2015

3rutu5 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Just noticed a really annoying thing with the cm12 dialler......once in a phone call, when you hit the keypad option, buttons 1-3 are hidden under the information at the top.. You can swipe down to view the numbers, but it returns to normal unable to press these numbers.....most government websites or businesses have the user select dialling option to go to where you want.....let's just say it's hard to go to far when you can't select 1 or 2

16. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Quick fix, decrease the dpi in display to 400 and wholla...any of you guys messed with the DPI settings on the OPO and any known issues

17. allenlau
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2015

allenlau , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Decrease DPI solved your earlier issue including MMS?? :p

3rutu5 likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Nov 3, 2015

19. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I gave up on MMS lol....just use a couple of other packages

allenlau likes this.
  20. nchow
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2015

nchow , Nov 5, 2015 :
    got 3 invites for the oneplus 2. thought i would share them with oz people. we still doing the centralized system or what?