[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2015

3rutu5 , Nov 17, 2015 :
    Meh, thanks for that but I'm in no rush, too busy working on the backyard, inside, newborn, coffee machine and misc.

[​IMG]

Chika likes this.
  2. Chika
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2015

Chika , Nov 17, 2015 :
    Nope! Earlier than that

3. ZZ_OnePlus
    Donut Nov 18, 2015

ZZ_OnePlus , Nov 18, 2015 :
    Hi all, I just found this thread. I managed to score a global invite for an OPX and am trying to decide how to buy it. I was originally going to use the invite to buy a via the US on 19 November via family who live there but then realised there were regional differences with the frequencies which made the US version less suitable for Australia. So the toss-up is between the Chinees version and the Asian/EU version. I also have family in the UK so I could use the invite to get the Asian/EU version. For the Chinese version I was going to go on a pre-order list with somebody like GearBest. So my questions are:

Differences (that matter here in Australia) between the devices :
    • The Asian/UK has B5(850MHz), which Vodafone uses. All other frequencies are either the same on both or are not used in Australia. I intend to use a Telstra and Optus SIM so I would assume that difference would not mean much to me. Is that right?
    • The Chinese version comes with Hydrogen OS, so I will need to flash it with Oxygen OS. What problems would that cause for future updates?
    Order fulfillment:
    • How long does it take for an order to be fulfilled and delivered via OP to an address in the UK?
    • Gearbest lists its pre-sale ending in 28 November, but but how much longer does one have to wait after that date before they can actually ship?
    Shipping:
    • Will there be any issues for my family to forward ship the phone using Royal Mail? I was worried about possible issues with electronic devices with lithium batteries.
    Cost:
    • My estimate for the total cost would be around AUD$460. If I go via GearBest it would be around AUD$410.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Z

4. Deactivated User
    Nov 18, 2015

meatandy and allenlau like this.
  5. ZZ_OnePlus
    Donut Nov 18, 2015

ZZ_OnePlus , Nov 18, 2015 :
    No they haven't. I started reading from page 150. Almost all of that was about the OPT or OPO. There was a lot of posts about Windows 10. No link or explanation of issues if you flash Oxygen over the preinstalled Hydrogen. No feedback on what a GearBest pre-sale really means although there were one or two posts to beware of grey market seller. No info on experience with shipping back via Royal Mail but I think there was one general mention about possible shipping issues about with batteries.

Anyway I already decided I'm going to pull the trigger. This is my first smart phone so why not take a risk for a nice 5" phone. Although I look after my ally family's andorid and ios devices, to date i've always stuck with a "feature phone" until my new workplace forced me to have an iphone or S5 (I picked s5), so I need swap it with my own dual sim phone.

Z

allenlau likes this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Nov 20, 2015

7. Deactivated User
    Nov 22, 2015

8. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

3rutu5 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    When my head stops spinning I might read up on flashing a new OS. Not thinking that much about tech as my 3 week old is back in hospital.... But I will think a out it a bit later

allenlau likes this.
  9. Deactivated User
    Nov 22, 2015

10. Deactivated User
    Nov 29, 2015

meatandy and Deactivated User like this.
  11. Deactivated User
    Nov 29, 2015

allenlau and Deactivated User like this.
  12. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2015

3rutu5 , Nov 29, 2015 :
    I don't know if anyone had seen the news about yatango going bust leaving folks without tech? News.com even spoke to somebody waiting on the One plus two

allenlau likes this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Nov 29, 2015

14. allenlau
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

15. Deactivated User
    Dec 1, 2015

meatandy likes this.
  16. pellicle
    Donut Dec 2, 2015

pellicle , Dec 2, 2015 :
    Well its gonna take days to distill this thread into sense for getting a opx into "the Goldie" ... so I'z jusBinReadin.

17. 3rutu5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2015

3rutu5 , Dec 2, 2015 :
    Ok, I got my OPO into brisvegas and knew a few who have them on the GC. BUT....I think certain models suit different regions (bands) with the OP2 and OPX so the option of using a mail forwarder through the states might not be an option this time round....

18. Deactivated User
    Dec 2, 2015

meatandy likes this.
  19. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 2, 2015

SamuraiKitty likes this.
  20. Deactivated User
    Dec 2, 2015

allenlau and meatandy like this.