[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primordial
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

primordial , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Guess I should have found this thread earlier. A few questions for the lucky OPO owners.
    Is parcel forwarding still required to ship the OPO down under or have they made it shipping available for us. <- I ask this because the Shipping Address was automatically filled out when I filled my Billing Address.
    I've read the post on shipping guide and got confused with the 4 June update. Is that regarding the shipping address or the billing address?
    And if parcel forwarding is still required, where should I transit it from and which service has been deemed best out of all those listed?

2. caowch
    Aug 7, 2014

caowch , Aug 7, 2014 :
    there isn't the best, otherwise they will just recommend 'the best'.

u get what u pay for, ppl here use comgateway shipito most, i am using borderlinx

3. StillUsingNokia
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

StillUsingNokia , Aug 7, 2014 :
    In the shipping information section.... I can only choose US or Canada as the country... And I want to ship it to HK, what should i do?

4. perth1950
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

perth1950 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Why do you want to ship it to Hong Kong? Price for Hong Kong is much dearer than price for US.

5. campbellstar
    Eclair Aug 7, 2014

campbellstar , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I think there are country specific sites for onePlus. http://oneplus.net/hk

StillUsingNokia likes this.
  6. StillUsingNokia
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

StillUsingNokia , Aug 7, 2014 :
    because i have a friend living in HK, and he is going to pick it up. Then he will bring it to me next time he visits (2nd of September). Also I don't forwarding companies.

7. kanjo
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

kanjo , Aug 7, 2014 :
    really hope they can sort out distribution to Aus soon. placed my order but it comes with a US charge block.... it'll be like the 90's for me again having random electronics needing international adapters haha, hope the phone is good enough that i wont even care.

8. perth1950
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

You need to raise a ticket to see whether they can change it for you. Once you have claimed, it will lock to the country of your shipping address. I have experience the other way round previously. But you have only 24 hours to finalize your purchase.

9. perth1950
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

No likely in the next 6 months.

10. Tymatk
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Tymatk , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Damn it, I have the yellow band now. Strange though because it never there when I first use it 2 days ago.
    Not that bad but very visible when you use chrome in the dark.

11. kanjo
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

kanjo , Aug 7, 2014 :
    it takes time. but hopefully things go well. and hopefully oneplus can keep up with the demand and maintain the business model. not expecting every phone they make to beat the big flagship devices and be sold at cost price. noone would be able to maintain that.

12. StillUsingNokia
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

13. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

OptusGuy , Aug 7, 2014 :
    You don't do forwarding companies but you do forwarding buddies?
    You do realise you will have the phone way before your friend comes back from HK. It's only $32 thereabouts man.
    Still, it's your choice at the end of the day.

14. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

OptusGuy , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Once you have the phone, all is forgotten :)

lol_lol_2512 likes this.
  15. marknaton
    Eclair Aug 7, 2014

marknaton , Aug 7, 2014 :
    what causes this yellow band issue? Mine have it too.. its a slight yellowish on the bottom of the screen but not really visible though...

16. kanjo
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

kanjo , Aug 7, 2014 :
    it seems like it may be that way. hopefully i can complete the jump from my jailbroken i5 to an Android phone. changed from an iPad to a Nexus but that isn't used as much as my phone is. some of the JB features are just to perfectly done and i can't find android equivalents that are as in-depth. but there are many that are building up to be as great and some better. will have to see how this goes.

17. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

timmaaa , Aug 7, 2014 :
    The yellow band is caused by glue not curing properly out the factory. You can supposedly cure it by putting the phone (turned off) under a UV lamp at a nail salon for ten minutes.

18. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

OptusGuy , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Something to do with the adhesive of the phone not having set as yet. Don't know if this is the cause of it but I have seen a video of a guy putting his phone up on the dashboard in direct sunlight and his phone was fixed after a couple of hours.

19. hkkl
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

hkkl , Aug 7, 2014 :
    @timmaaa in your opinion, does it make a difference if I change from dalvik to art if I didn't root my phone or anything? Read it online didn't really see much difference in better save after changing to art.

20. kanjo
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

kanjo , Aug 7, 2014 :
    that sounds dangerous ... could really mess with the internals or even worse melt the phone if the sunlight is strong enough. had it happen to friends at the beach. funny when it doesnt happen to you kind of thing

i wonder if that is a good idea.....not sure