[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Export1923
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

Export1923 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I hope not, when mine got delivered took me by surprise as didn't expect it until today. That seems to be the DHL way, you either get it early or late, just not when you expect it.

2. Deactivated User
    Aug 11, 2014

1qp and timmaaa like this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Aug 11, 2014

4. marknaton
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

marknaton , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I hope that you will be getting all your phones today guys.. we are a bit lucky that we live in the city & have the option to pick up from DHL depot..

5. hybrid
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

hybrid , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Speaking of delivery drivers not caring...
    The other day I had a parcel delivered... I think it was a box of chocolates sent from Belgium.
    I was at home and I hear the delivery driver pull up.. I start walking to the door, and he just walks part way up the driveway, onto the front lawn, then up to towards the front verandah (which is about 1.5M above the lawn). He throws the box over the hand rail (so 2M+ above the lawn) onto the verandah and yells out "package!".
    If that was my OPO I would have chased him down the driveway with a foot in his hole.

1qp likes this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Aug 11, 2014

7. marknaton
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

is he a courier driver or australia post contactor?

8. caowch
    Aug 11, 2014

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014

9. marknaton
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

good on you mate...now let the fun begin...

10. Deactivated User
    Aug 11, 2014

11. caowch
    Aug 11, 2014

caowch , Aug 11, 2014 :
    damn, there is no adoptor in my office, cant charge it, maybe play with it while charging tonight.

12. hybrid
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

hybrid , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I would say it was just Aus post parcel post contractor.. it would have just been sent via normal mail in Europe. Funny thing is... the box had FRAGILE written all over it!

13. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

timmaaa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Holy crap if that was my parcel I would have jumped the verandah and spear tackled the bastard!

1qp likes this.
  14. Shanmyster
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

Shanmyster , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Hahahah. Mine is down in bunbury already. On the truck I'm pretty sure. Too bad I will miss pick up because I'm at Work.

15. moonwyrm

moonwyrm , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Don't get me started on the Aus Post parcel contractors. When we lived in West Heidelberg ours was such an *******. Would card us even if we were stading right there, so he didn't have to go into the yard. As a young couple with a baby and no car, and the pick up being a half hour walk, we butted heads over this a bit.

The one I have here is so great I posted rave compliments about him on their Facebook page - really good, old fashioned postie service - knows me by name, knows I'm just down the road between 8:45 and 9am, will leave the parcel in the door niche for me if I don't have to sign for it... waves when he drives past me walking anywhere. Great bloke.

My last three parcels have come from a woman though - I hope "my" guy didn't retire or anything.

1qp, perth1950 and timmaaa like this.
  16. caowch
    Aug 11, 2014

caowch , Aug 11, 2014 :
    ye, that s why i send it to work

17. hybrid
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

hybrid , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I thought about it, but had to think about the big picture. If I have a go at him this time, next time he rubs my package on his balls for the entire trip from depot to delivery and then carefully hands it to me at my door with a smile. I then jump up and down in excitement and rub the parcel on my face and hug it, like I do with all my parcels when they arrive. I'll be doing that with my OPO parcel when I get home this afternoon. You can see why I was reluctant to abuse the guy ;)

18. timmaaa

timmaaa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I'm scarred. Scarred for life.

19. caowch
    Aug 11, 2014

caowch , Aug 11, 2014 :
    the post man in my area is even worse, never ring the door bell, and do things so random, sometimes leave in door way, some times leave a card, some times put in mail box

20. Yapapi
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

Yapapi , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Ah the "Wonder Building". I love it when buildings and companies have stupid names like that.