[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

timmaaa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Don't you guys have a debit card you have linked to your Play Store account? I didn't even know you could use phone credit to pay for apps.

2. elscottish
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

elscottish , Aug 11, 2014 :
    There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest.. He sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one of the puns would win. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

Yapapi likes this.
  3. Darrenk
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

Darrenk , Aug 11, 2014 :
    So, I've used the phone over the weekend now after it was rooted etc and must say that I quote enjoy it. The size - whilst can be a negative for some - has been an absolute god send for me. The bigger screen makes emails and documents (my phone is primarily used for business) just THAT much easier to work with. I actually view and made some changes to an excel worksheet today that I would've never dreamt of with my iPhone 5. The battery life is INCREDIBLE and I've not seen any of the call quality/ volume issues people write about. I have mild yellowing on the bottom of the screen but frankly, its negligible.

There are however, some negatives. Not specifically about the phone itself per se, but more from a migration from iOS to Android standpoint. Hmm.. I wonder if maybe I should write a review from the standpoint of an iOS user since iPhone 1 (I did play with a Galaxy Nexus for a bit). Do you think that worth writing? Are people even vaguely interested?

Cowanism likes this.
  4. timmaaa

5. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

OptusGuy , Aug 11, 2014 :
    These young ones I tell ya lol

6. Yapapi
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

Yapapi , Aug 11, 2014 :
    A friend of mine loves double entendre... so I gave her one.

timmaaa likes this.
  7. Darrenk
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

8. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

Working in the industry I certainly would be interested. I also use both platforms every day. So I'm curious to read your review

9. timmaaa

timmaaa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Yeah I've checked a couple of times.

10. Export1923
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

Export1923 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Maybe - however no update available yet.

11. timmaaa

timmaaa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    They'll have it on XDA in no time.

12. Radz
    Donut Aug 11, 2014

Radz , Aug 11, 2014 :
    So excited, Received invite today while i was on night shift! immediately went online to buy it and start the long process of sending it over here!

hopefully it gets to melbourne in the next 2 weeks... using shipito not sure how good they are, friends use them and said they are good so ill give it a go.

moonwyrm, kbzj and kogi like this.
  13. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I didn't want to say anything. Even though i'm in my 30's I was giggling like a child

OptusGuy likes this.
  14. timmaaa

15. ccdd392
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

ccdd392 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Yes pls.

16. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

Yeah I know what you mean lol

17. timmaaa

timmaaa , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Further to this, here are some instructions on how to install this OTA. Download the file to your PC, once it has completed downloading move it to the location where you have adb.exe and fastboot.exe located. Boot your phone into recovery (power phone off, then hold power + volume up), select advanced from the TWRP main menu then select adb sideload. Connect your phone to your PC via usb cable. Back on your PC open a command prompt from within your adb/fastboot folder (shift + right click on empty space, select open command prompt here), issue this command:

Code:
    adb devices

This is just to verify you have a good adb connection, it should return the device serial number in the command prompt. Back on your phone swipe the blue swipe handle to initiate adb sideload mode. On your PC go back to your open command prompt window and issue this command:

Code:
    adb sideload cm-bacon-d22b777afa-to-0428073396-signed.zip

In the command prompt window it'll say sending and show a counter going all the way up to 100%, once that's finished sending the sideload will initiate on your phone. On your phone screen it'll most likely say that it's skipping the md5 check because it can't find one, this is ok. It might seem like it's stalling at this point, don't panic, be patient and let it do its thing. Do not remove the usb cable or you could brick your phone! The process will complete and ask you to reboot your phone, you can remove your usb cable now.

Upon attempting to reboot TWRP will probably prompt you to install SuperSU again because the update removes root, you can do this now or install it later. I prefer doing it later because I like to give the system a chance to boot fully once first. That's it, enjoy your update.

18. kogi
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

OptusGuy likes this.
  19. arjay
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

arjay , Aug 11, 2014 :
    congrats how did you get your invite?

20. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014