[CLOSED]Aussie Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

OptusGuy , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Flip a coin and pick heads for DHL and tails for TNT. Seriously they are both pretty much the same. I've used them both and was happy either way. I have heard many good and bad stories about both. It's all circumstantial believe me.
    You do not need to prepay, I don't recommend it. Simply pay your $5 deposit, have your declaration form filled, you do not need to declare the battery, and wait until the package arrives.
    Shipito will take a couple of pictures of your packaging and show you it has been received. You should then pay for a few photos to be taken. This is essential for insurance purposes. They need to open your packaging and take photos of it's contents. Without this you cannot claim insurance on missing items or damaged goods.
    Shipito will weigh and measure your package then. They will tell you the exact price. This is when you top up the account. This way you don't leave any excess monies in the account.

For exact product measurements I produced these a while ago on this thread. Do a search if you wish.

2. Radz
    Donut Aug 13, 2014

Radz , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Okay, but how can i pre-pay when i don't know how much shipping will cost? their is a shipping calculator i can go by but i need measurements of the package and im not going to put in (for example) 50 bucks when shipping is lets say... 30.. 20 bucks im losing out on if u know what i mean

3. kbzj
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

kbzj , Aug 13, 2014 :
    You DO need to declare the battery...

timmaaa likes this.
  4. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

Is that right? Then why I did not twice?

5. peteski79
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

peteski79 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Thanks guys. Appreciated.

6. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

Shipito declaration form asks you to declare battery if it's Li-ion. Which is not.
    The battery is also inbuilt into the phone and not loose.

7. kbzj
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

kbzj , Aug 13, 2014 :
    It IS a li-ion battery:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/aussie-thread.48896/page-334#post-4011583
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/aussie-thread.48896/page-278#post-3818622
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/aussie-thread.48896/page-278#post-3818221
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/aussie-thread.48896/page-279#post-3819351

And there is a separate category to choose when it is built into the device.

Just because you didn't do it twice doesn't make it right or legal. It means that you accidentally made a mistake, but we shouldn't encourage others to do the same.

hkkl and infrag like this.
  8. Radz
    Donut Aug 13, 2014

9. Radz
    Donut Aug 13, 2014

Radz , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Is taking multiple pictures for 2.00 worth it?

10. kbzj
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

kbzj , Aug 13, 2014 :
    If you select the TNT option, they won't give you insurance unless you have a picture taken. I chose 1 photo, and ended up with 2 for insurance and 2 for me to check the package.

From what people have been saying here, you don't need a photo if you got with DHL. Either way, i wouldn't go for bulk photos.

11. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

I found this online under US commercial aviation. And yeah I did not think they were that closely related even though they are different in their own right.

"The term "lithium battery" may refer to a lithium ion battery, lithium metal battery, or a lithium polymer battery. Lithium polymer batteries are a kind of lithium ion battery. Lithium ion batteries re rechargeable lithium batteries, like the ones found in cameras, cell phones, laptop computers, and radio-controlled toys. While smaller lithium ion batteries are allowed on aircraft, larger ones containing more than 25 grams Equivalent Lithium Content (ELC) are not. An indirect measure of ELC is watt-hours, with eight grams ELC being equal to about 100 watt-hours. If you are not sure of your battery's ELC or watt-hour measurement, or if your kind of battery is allowed on the flight, check with your airline or with the manufacturer of your battery.

Another kind of lithium battery that is banned from airliners are lithium metal batteries with more than two grams of lithium. The lithium metal batteries commonly used by consumers usually don't have this much lithium, but if you are unsure you should check"

Based on just reading this, I would totally agree with you. It is best to declare it. And most definitely encourage to do so.
    Thanks for the correction. I'm always happy to accept if im wrong.

kbzj likes this.
  12. Radz
    Donut Aug 13, 2014

Radz , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Awesome, i'll pay for the $1 option then and get the one photo, and yes i'm going with DHL which i assume will be fine.

thanks for the feedback guys i appreciate all the help.

13. kbzj
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

kbzj , Aug 13, 2014 :
    No worries, just happy to help. I don't want someone's phone getting stuck at customs because we weren't sure.

14. Yapapi
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

Yapapi , Aug 13, 2014 :
    DHL and TNT are much of a muchness. I would just go with whoever is cheaper at the time, which when I did it was TNT Express.

perth1950 likes this.
  15. moonwyrm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2014

1qp, perth1950 and OptusGuy like this.
  16. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

Lol awesome.
    It looks so cute

17. moonwyrm

moonwyrm , Aug 13, 2014 :
    It's not really my style though. I think I'll put it in the store after all that. I'm trying to decide if I want a new dragon scale one, a rainbow stripy one, or one like this Yoda:

[​IMG]

18. moonwyrm

moonwyrm , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Sorry for all the giant photos by the way guys. I'm way too tired and lazy to try and force them to show up smaller.

19. OptusGuy
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

Very creative indeed.
    Love Yoda.
    Good choice of colours too

20. borisbeyond
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

borisbeyond , Aug 13, 2014 :
    The main reason I don't use TNT (unless I have to) is that they misplaced a package (the tracking told lies) and they were really rude and evasive on the phone when I tried to sort it out. It was eventually delivered almost 2 weeks late - to add insult to injury the driver didn't even knock (I was home) just carded the letterbox and shot through. DHL has been 100% reliable and the tracking has been is always good .. I am sure they fcuk up too .. just not for me so far. At the end of eh day its your choice.