[CLOSED] Bad support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tRouBLE_mE Froyo Feb 10, 2019

tRouBLE_mE, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Unsatisfied with OnePlus 6. Purchased it back in India thinking that it's a great phone but unfortunately that's false. The software support really sucks as team isn't able to address the issues in the updates. Moreover, the newer updates company releases suck even more. I am currently in Canada and i have noticed the phone acting weird sometimes. It completely freezes or sometimes just the apps freeze. Battery backup was great in the initial updates but it has gotten worse now. The UI glitches haven't been addressed at all. I think the software team needs to be replaced else company is going to lose a lot of customers.

2. hajty Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

hajty, Feb 10, 2019 :
    You have to have defective model. I'm even on Beta 11 and never had none of your issues. If u didn't mess anything with your software, contact with the support and use your guarantee.

3. malidan Marshmallow Feb 10, 2019

malidan, Feb 10, 2019 :
    There are lots of defective device around then according your logic and the bug reporting section.
    Battery drain has been reported on everything as it usually Is.

4. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Feb 10, 2019

Horsault, Feb 10, 2019 :
    If you explained your issues with such a precision and details profusion, I can't find weird support did a bad job.

B_Wrath, Rusty NZ, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  5. SeeBeeEss Eclair Feb 10, 2019

SeeBeeEss, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Also in Canada with a OnePlus 6 and I have none of your issues. The only explanation for our phones performing differently is defective hardware and/or software glitches with your phone. Any unauthorized apps on your phone? Any apps that reviews show to be problematic? You need to troubleshoot your apps and, if there is no other option, start over with a factory reset.

6. stjin Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

Rusty NZ, ngydat and hajty like this.
  7. tRouBLE_mE Froyo Feb 10, 2019

tRouBLE_mE, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Battery backup to me means 5+ hrs of screen on usage and 3 hrs worth of pubg on high graphics without using charger. Does your phone gives that kinda battery performance? Mine did before the initial update that wrecked everything.

malidan likes this.
  8. SeeBeeEss Eclair Feb 10, 2019

Don't use pubg, so I couldn't comment. I easily get 5+ hours of screen time with my OnePlus. Previously, I used BlackBerry phones, which had great battery specs. My OnePlus seems almost as good and I have zero complaints with the battery life on this phone.

I did do a quick Playstore and Google check of pubg and there are others complaining about lag, freezing, etc. I doubt everyone complaining about issues that appear to be related to the game is using a OnePlus. Try uninstalling pubg for a while and see if it improves battery life. If it does, blame the game, not the phone.

Rusty NZ and Discostu like this.
  9. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 10, 2019

pablofg1978, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Is strange how this "battery issues" are related to ppl playing heavy games, is like high graphics demanding games would have anything to do.....
    Maybe is just me and my conspiracy theories

B_Wrath, Rusty NZ, The1Lion and 6 others like this.
  10. Silicon_Skeleton Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

Silicon_Skeleton, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Nah, it's the influx of people wanting to play nothing but Pubg on max settings all day.

Rusty NZ and otto2 like this.
  11. malidan Marshmallow Feb 10, 2019

malidan, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Yes the conspiracy that Samsung dont update yet are ahead of OP on Security patches. It was the same last year at this time too.:p
    I've seen more people claiming battery drain that dont play games, the battery/ heat thread that arrives with every device is full of them.

The real funny thing is for 4 years it has been linked to updates.:tearsofjoy:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019

12. malidan Marshmallow Feb 10, 2019

malidan, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Not the constantly being fixed Cell reception?
    Not the constantly being Fixed Bluetooth
    Not the constantly being fixed Wi-Fi
    Do not these things contribute to battery drain?

What was it on the 5's?
    The 3's?
    The 2
    The X
    The OPO.
    Too much tinkering with the buggy OS.

Alongs come PUBG and all of a sudden it is the reason for the perennial battery drain issues.

13. Silicon_Skeleton Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

I've been running with the 6 since release and it's been going swimmingly but my general usage has been mostly media consumption. Battery lasts about a day running off WiFi but everyone's situation is always different but Pubg is a popular application and I would imagine people go off stock settings or push things to the limit and hit the battery that way.

I can't say my device has the same issues so I generally would go off from installed apps, personal settings, settings that would affect battery life such as social media refresh rates, etc... before I feel the phone is entirely at fault. I went in expecting this battery to be average with general usage so there's that.

Plus I like poking fun at the non-stop Pubg threads getting mad at their phone's.

Rusty NZ likes this.
  14. malidan Marshmallow Feb 10, 2019

malidan, Feb 10, 2019 :
    That's the thing though bro, it's being called a premium device, it does not seem to be able to handle a premium work load.
    I sometimes use my old Le max 2(SD820) for a session on high settings and that handles the game easily.
    The issue is the lack of a thermal solution, check out the OP6's performance compared to the Black shark and a Sony.
    It was the worst of the 3 in the end.

Screenshot_20180828-222036_YouTube.jpg

Even worse against the Magic 2, down to 40%

Screenshot_20181215-172916_YouTube.jpg
    This is why I buy hardware and not software.

15. Silicon_Skeleton Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

I'm assuming that's the 8gb variant for the OnePlus 6? I'm not doubting you but this thing has been my workhorse for game emulation work and the battery impact is what I expect but that's probably more of a hectic field than just Pubg.

Rusty NZ and SeeBeeEss like this.
  16. jsrodriguez Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

Rusty NZ and otto2 like this.
  17. SeeBeeEss Eclair Feb 10, 2019

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't recall OnePlus ever calling their phones premium devices. I have seen many reviewers say it handles itself well against premium devices, particularly given the much lower price, but you can't blame OnePlus for the reviewers liking their phones.

If you can direct me to where OnePlus has called the inexpensive 6 a premium device, I will stand corrected. Thanks.

Rusty NZ, otto2 and N1547180707874 like this.
  18. N1547180707874 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

19. Madnezz4Ever Honeycomb Feb 11, 2019

Madnezz4Ever, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Stop referring to it as battery backup and maybe you'll get better battery life.

There is no 2nd battery on your cell phone, so there is no battery backup..

Rusty NZ likes this.
  20. malidan Marshmallow Feb 11, 2019

malidan, Feb 11, 2019 :
    It didn't handle itself well against the Xiaomis. Considering their price did it.:rolleyes:
    $500 inexpensive. :tearsofjoy:
    You're trying it on now yeah? Try $300 with superior level of high performance, the game has changed and that hype train crashed.
    tenor.gif

You can stand corrected because who do you think is sponsoring the videos? Those who were less than complementary found themselves removed from the mailing list .
    I can point you towards plenty who have told the tale.
    The speed You need = throttling to 40% of Soc power that don't sound like it's handling its self very well at all. :p