[CLOSED]Can you stay without phone for a day? then why not ask for this.. via OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KetanParmar
    Froyo Jul 1, 2020

KetanParmar , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 1, 2020 :
    I am sharing my story and suggestions for additional function. please help me to get this a better reach:

I am student and wanted to study but due to mobile phone I am not able to do it, as my phone keeps me distracting all the time. Every time I am trying hard to avoid phone but I am unable to do so, as some or the other notification pops up and I resume phone again. So now what i do is I remove sim from this phone and put that in my old black n white nokia phone for no distractions. One Plus has Zen mode but its can be. used for some time and can not be used for whole day.

So my suggestion is very simple, we need some UI where only basic phone functions i.e. calling and text message is available and all other apps gets disappear even whatsapp. I mean phone should work as black and white phone without accessing internet and location.

Best way to do this is seperating the OS altogether. I mean same as safe mode in windows computer. So at the time of phone starting, if anyone switch to this mode a different and light OS should launch with only 3 to 4 icons on screen i.e. calling, messaging, contacts, alarm, calander, if required max to max camara without option to acess memory (so one should not go waste time digging photographs, etc). Nothing else should be included in OS, just like old nokia 1100 black n white phone.

So this will help probably in following manner:
    1. people like me who want to get away from phone will go into that mode for few days and regain focus
    2. you people will get dual OS benefits for advertisement i.e. A SMART PHONE WHICH CAN ACT NON SMART when asked (next generation / level smartness)
    3. People at times when are far away or somehow not able to charge phone for long time, can switch to this mode to save battery as this will use only 2G network and no internet or location access at all
    4. People who are very much concerned about their privacy and do not want to share its location data for some time can even switch to this phone and hide themselves.
    5. A person can even save themselves from any hacking attack online.
    6. Most important that whenever someone is done with its purpose he can easily go back to normal OS. For eg: Someone will study from morning to evening on light OS and before sleeping he will switch to normal OS to check all mails, message, notification etc

1593583155923.jpg

1593583155951.jpg

1593583155968.jpg

1593583155986.jpg

2. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Post the suggestions here:

https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/suggestion/

3. KetanParmar
    Froyo Jul 1, 2020

Starcommander likes this.
  4. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Open the link in the browser, scroll all the way down, you will find an option to create new suggestion.

Starcommander and KetanParmar like this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 1, 2020

6. KetanParmar
    Froyo Jul 1, 2020

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 1, 2020

Tobikage , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Either just put your SIM ointo an old Nokia temporarily or buy a new one that support 4G but still not a smartphone for 3~5k
    or.....this....

G_plusone, KetanParmar and Batman360 like this.
  8. KetanParmar
    Froyo Jul 1, 2020

but why to keep 2 phones, bcoz atleast i will check once in a day. If everyone helps then this feature can be built into this phone itself...

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 1, 2020

Tobikage , Jul 1, 2020 :
    This is not a croudfunding or croudsourcing page.

This is a community forum.

You have already been provided with links to the relevant pages where you can provide feedback or suggestions.

Batman360 and KetanParmar like this.
  10. KetanParmar
    Froyo Jul 1, 2020

I am not gona get any money out if it, so i too believe that this is not a crowd funding. But atleast it will show support of like minded people to this

11. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 1, 2020

SoniaB , Jul 1, 2020 :
    you can submit your suggestion as detailed already in the thread:

If people like your suggestion they can comment there.

I will close this thread

Tobikage and Batman360 like this.