[CLOSED]Charger HACK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeingEEE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2015

BeingEEE , Jun 26, 2015 :
    All of us use chargers to charge our mobile phones, tablets, smartphones, etc. And most of the chargers that are available these days have two main problems:

1. Two Pin Charger: Charger doesn't fix firmly into the plug point, it will be shaky, loose contacts, and the charger might fall down and get damaged too.
    2. Charger Cable length is small: We people use phones even when on charging and we might have wished if the charger cable could be a little more longer.
    Here is a simple hack to solve these problems....

USE ELECTRICAL CABLE with 1sq.mm. gauge which can withstand the 450mA INPUT current to the charger....and with 1100V insulation withstand voltage. :)
    USE good quality female connector and good quality 3 pin plug top.
    CAUTION: DON'T SHORT CIRCUIT PHASE AND NEUTRAL!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

JackScagnetti, addam and hbvdh like this.
  2. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jun 26, 2015

camohan , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I will not experiment with any third party ports or wires..!! totally Lame

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015

3. SparkkIt
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

4. AlphaX2025
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

AlphaX2025 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    My suggestion, DONT DO THIS

Sh3rl0ck, Ceasedd, Baymax and 7 others like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 26, 2015

SoniaB , Jun 26, 2015 :
    This idea is completely nuts!

Sh3rl0ck, Ceasedd, meatandy and 4 others like this.
  6. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

arashhsh , Jun 26, 2015 :
    well thats stupid as ****....
    first of all, the lengt of the charger is made so short so you can NOT use the phone while charging because this will damage the battery and will shorten the battery life in a long run. a longer charging cable will also result in a longer charging time.
    and using a different kind or different brand of charger might not be good for your device, it might not charge the phone at the rate it should be ( too slow or too fast).

if you still like to be able to charge your phone while using it ( i recommend NOT to) you could just buy a longer lightning usb charging cable from a more professional brand. its safer for you and your phone.

Jupeeeeee and eckbauer like this.
  7. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2015

Vadomata , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I'd say someone has done poor work at electrical if the charger "shakes" Here it stays well on the outlet without moving etc.

Jupeeeeee likes this.
  8. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2015

Vadomata , Jun 26, 2015 :
    How using a smartphone while it's charging would damage the battery? :rolleyes: And it doesn't matter what brand charger you use, the charger can't be too "fast" The USB circuit in the phone can control how many mAh current it will put through, so you could just hook your phone to 5V 9001A output but it would use 5V & 2.1A at max. And If you use good Ql cable, it won't affect charging time anymore than 4% at max, audio cables (which are expensive) the ones in clear case copper twisted around, they are like 10-14Awg, the loss of current is so small that it won't be noticed.

Ceasedd, tandu, clintos and 2 others like this.
  9. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2015

tEf0o , Jun 26, 2015 :
    You use a us charger ?

I have a eu chargers and have not your issue #1

All my us chargers have the issue you described.

10. eckbauer
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

eckbauer , Jun 26, 2015 :
    This is dangerous and plain stupid showing this so call hack.
    This should be removed from the forum.

11. imanc18
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

imanc18 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    If the wires are too long, there is a chance of people tripping and falling!! That is why it is short in the first place!

I would preferably go for one of these to get a longer chord length instead of messing with some wires!!!
    [​IMG]

Artur Deus likes this.
  12. hbvdh
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

hbvdh , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Well, first of all don't play with electronics, if you don't know what your doing.

Second, the length of the charger cable ''the usb cable" stay's the same, so your only make a power cord extension from the socket to the charger, like any power cord extension. So that part of your story is totally wrong.

Third, the excessive use of tape around the charger could overheat it. so be care full with that.

Fourth, there is no danger of any kind that i'm aware of in using your phone while charging, except the charging time may go up.

B.t.w. i am a licensed electrician, so i know a thing of two about this.

tandu, LostPorcupine and eckbauer like this.
  13. threethreethreethree
    Eclair Jun 26, 2015

SoniaB likes this.
  14. BeingEEE

BeingEEE , Jun 26, 2015 :
    everyone, I'm using it for a month.. and. No issues till now. Use a good quality insulated cable, plugs.. etc.. :)

15. BadBoYAtif
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2015

16. iomollie
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

17. addam
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

18. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

LostPorcupine , Jun 26, 2015 :
    One person success for a month isn't much... Real quality control would take much more (simulated) time, more devices, etc. Just because it's working for now, doesn't mean it's a good idea. What you did could be resolved far more safely with a longer cable and a short power extension cable with 3 prongs.

SoniaB likes this.
  19. BeingEEE

20. BeingEEE

addam likes this.