[Closed][CM 14][Android][7.0/7.1] for OnePlus 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locxFIN
    KitKat Sep 27, 2016

locxFIN , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Asking for an ETA is considered the worst of crimes in the flashing community. Also it's tricky because usually even the dev doesn't know the date, depending on how much we can work on it and whether he gets a breakthrough in something or just staying stuck.

christopher78, R@pt0r and Dcrew like this.
  2. Dcrew
    Froyo Sep 27, 2016

Dcrew , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Yeah i know n sry for that . . Yet we blame one plus for not giving any updates on published dates... irony ?

3. locxFIN
    KitKat Sep 27, 2016

locxFIN , Sep 27, 2016 :
    That we have paid for, though, when we bought this phone. And it's really ridiculous that one man has brought more features and fixes for free than an entire dev team who are getting paid. I understand they have to go through Google's certs and whatnot but still.

elhasi and gopinathr like this.
  4. tolis
    Froyo Sep 28, 2016

5. arvindkumarbhardwaj
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2016

arvindkumarbhardwaj , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Issue:

Small screen on phone screen got stuck and not going off the screen.

Phone – oneplus 2

This screen is copy of main screen and changes whenever contents of main screen changes. I tried all the option but issue did not get resolved. Please help me to resolve issue. I have given couple of screen shot of the issue.

Attached Files:

6. coolmohit31
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2016

coolmohit31 , Sep 28, 2016 :
    This thread consists of people who rarely stay on oxygen os :p
    So don't think, you will get your answer here
    Try asking in some oxygen os thread

7. cypher
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2016

cypher , Sep 28, 2016 :
    [​IMG]

EmmanuelMalho, R@pt0r and Vector like this.
  8. R@pt0r
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2016

R@pt0r , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Uh, mate, could you read the title of this thread properly a couple of times?
    This is for the guys who either:
    1. Didn't like Oxygen and hence flashed; or
    2. Was adventurous enough to flash
    CyanogenMod. So, I'd suggest searching in the forums for a thread relating to Oxygen OS for assistance.
    Cheers!

P.S. Try disabling Developer Options in Settings. Or to be more exact: Developer Options>Simulate Secondary Displays

christopher78 likes this.
  9. shailinder
    Froyo Sep 28, 2016

shailinder , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Alright guys,

Here is a quick update and not a pleasant one for sure.

This build is not stable.

• Phone hangs on any random app and then you have to lock your screen to make it work
    • Camera crashes even on photos and videos are just not working
    • Finger print scanner ditched couple of times
    • I personally think battery optimization is also not very effective but since I left it over night without much use. I saw a drop of 15-18% unnecessarily
    Since I have to use this as a daily driver. I am not sure this version is even near to it. Thus, reinstalling CM13 official and might give it a try after a month or so.

Thanks

10. locxFIN
    KitKat Sep 28, 2016

locxFIN , Sep 28, 2016 :
    I'm on the same build and I have next to none of those issues. A few times I've had it frozen so you have to lock and unlock the screen, camera hasn't crashed and video works on Google camera just fine, fingerprint works like it did on CM13 and idle drain is about 1% per hour. I think your issues lie somewhere else.

eespanol likes this.
  11. shailinder
    Froyo Sep 28, 2016

Could be but still if it is not stable. It is not stable for me.

Will try out after some time. As of now, I have others things to do as well :)

Thanks

12. ponczoszek
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2016

ponczoszek , Sep 28, 2016 :
    I'm tinkering with CM14 since the 1st build. I'll answer your points by number 1st is an 1. etc.
    1. Since CM14 OP2 never hung himself on app or in fact any other way. Few times some not fully implemented settings gave me FC but thats pretty much all.
    2. Never happened to me (while making photos) - recording videos is well known issue pointed out by the devs - use some 3rd party video app to record - can't remember the name right now. It's by dev named stratos I think --- OH it's footej.
    3. FP is as fast and accurate as it was on OOS3 and on PA 6.0.2 and on CM13. Just configuring additional fingerprints was kinda chunky at the begining (had to click the screen then the FP).
    4. At the end I have to say I never had better battery before. On OOS3 and CM13 the max that I could achieve was 3.5 h SOT (games like true skate - so more demanding) and 24 H of idle. Now I get 4-4.5h of SOT still with 1 full day of idle.
    The only thing I did to make it better (I did it on CM13 and OOS and PA before) was installing naptime by franco - it sticks on doze even if u move the device - try it.

So those are my feeling about CM14.
    I consider it daily driver - coz I'm not a video recording person myself. The rest is golden.

Cheers

Aditya Rathee and eespanol like this.
  13. shailinder
    Froyo Sep 28, 2016

Got it. But frankly speaking I am myself not in to photography that much so camera issue was known to me. But app hanging every now and then is a major no no for me. Would give it a try after sometime / days / weeks.

Thanks for the update and revert. A big thumbs up for that :)

14. locxFIN
    KitKat Sep 28, 2016

locxFIN , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Which apps to be specific?

As you can see, most of us don't have those problems so I'm led to believe it's not because of the ROM and so I fear the issues will come back for you in later builds .

15. spencer1620
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2016

spencer1620 , Sep 28, 2016 :
    I couldn't disagree more for me Garaks 22nd build is very stable with better battery life than any ROM I've been on 6 hours sot with a full days use!!

Try a clean flash and get with the programme

eespanol likes this.
  16. EmmanuelMalho
    Donut Sep 28, 2016

EmmanuelMalho , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Anyone having any issue related to the 2nd SIM card?
    I got 2 SIM cards there and only SIM 1 is recognized.

17. EmmanuelMalho
    Donut Sep 28, 2016

EmmanuelMalho , Sep 28, 2016 :
    It's a SIM card issue, nvm!

18. spencer1620
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2016

spencer1620 , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Can anyone share the link to the Google camera that you can record video with this ROM please?
    I have google camera but still can't get video recording to work and want to check I have the right one.

Thanks

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 28, 2016

dsmonteiro , Sep 28, 2016 :
    I get what you are saying, but there are a few misconceptions there:
    1) What would happen if OnePlus would release an official update in the state Grarak's build is in? People would go mad with all the bugs that still need to be squashed.
    2) The truth is this isn't the work of just one man. It's the work of all the Cyanogenmod community plus one man that builds CM14 specifically for the OP3. And probably there are commits from other people as well
    3) It's not just the question of having to go through Google's certification. Is having to be actually certified. When you make a Custom ROM, you can use hacks to make things work. When you're an OEM, you can't.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having official Nougat already on my OP3 or my OP2, but things take time.

Aditya Rathee and elhasi like this.
  20. EmmanuelMalho
    Donut Sep 28, 2016