[CLOSED]Customer Support: Warranty, Repairs, Replacements - RMA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashahwan
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

ashahwan , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Sounds great, but the action is not there. My experience has been terrible so far and the response time and service I received has been awful. I was asked to install a batch file and when that didn't work the solution was to do it again, and when that didn't work the solution was to install a different one (same one really) again. I bought the phone 3 months ago, never dropped it, and never got water on it, and yet I been having problems with it for the past month. I regret sending invites to family and friends and getting them stuck with a sub-par product, yes it is cheaper, yes it looks and functions great (for a month), but it is NOT RELIABLE and I would be amazed if I managed to put up with it for one year. As much as I hate to say it, but even the Iphone doesn't seem that expensive when the alternative is buying a phone like the OPO every year.

2. ashahwan
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

ashahwan , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Yes Ramesh, I have been having the same issue, and after OPO insisting on it being a software issue and it was not they asked me to send it back for them as it is likely a hardware issue. My advice: RETURN IT if you can and give OPO another 5 years to figure out how to do it right. PS. In the meantime, if you put the phone on loud speaker the receiver should be able to hear you.

3. Deactivated User
    Apr 19, 2015

ramli7 and Tobikage like this.
  4. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 19, 2015

Tobikage , Apr 19, 2015 :
    EU only I think....

5. ramli7
    KitKat Apr 19, 2015

ramli7 , Apr 19, 2015 :
    In OP's case they may not do anything from scratch when it comes to assembly. The whole set of parts inside your OPO is here.

The image is taken from @vantt1 's postings and parts are labeled by me.

OPO parts 1.jpg

After seeing the above parts of dismantled opo, you can judge the quantum of time , a technician will need to diagnose and repair the phone.

Please note for any defect in the LCD assembly, Motherboard, audio board, or cameras they will simply replace the same and not going to repair them
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....................................................MY PERSONAL VIEWS ONLY.....................................................

Here LCD assembly, Motherboard, audio board, camera modules, ear piece, Front frame, Camera cover, Audio cover, Back cover, Battery, small connecting wires and screws are exclusively ordered with suppliers and brought to the factory, not manufactured by themselves.

They do assemble them together and test them in their factory
    -----------------------------------------------
    For assembling / Reassembling after service, they need to

Attach LCD assembly to Front frame -
    Fix audio board and USB connector -
    Insert Ear piece -
    Fix Motherboard -
    Insert Rear and front camera modules -
    Connect flex buttons 4 + 1 to the motherboard -
    Connect the battery
    Fix Camera cover
    Fix audio cover
    Close the Back cover

Connecting small wires between components / boards, applying few drops of glue to the battery, are mandatory. Most of the insulator tapes are already prefixed by the supplier.

If we, as an individual technician, do it ourselves, can complete it by 1/2 an hour to 1 hour ( for the laziest / OCD guys ).

I have given only an outline of parts inside OPO and approximate time taken to reassemble the fully dismantled phone, at Service Centers.

Any skilled person will do it more faster than I said.

.......................................................MY PERSONAL VIEWS ONLY....................................................

If you are interested more to know, here is the link ( which is already known to most of us ) ....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/repair-guide-oneplus-one-disassembly-t2979351

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

Tobikage likes this.
  6. Tuckster
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2015

Tuckster , Apr 20, 2015 :
    I have been in a conversation with support for well over a week now in an attempt to RMA my 4 month old one plus one as the touch screen is no longer functioning correctly. It has ghost touches and intermittently refused to respond to any touch. I opened a support ticket in an attempt to get an RMA authorised and instead have been asked to jump through multiple hoops.

On request; I have installed additional software, recorded screencasts of the issue and supplied all of this information to the support team in a timely manner.

Today I was asked to schedule a time with which to allow remote access to my home pc so the support team could do a remote diagnostic. I have refused this as I believe this to be unreasonable.

Surely this is going a bit far? Anyone else had a similar experience with support?

Not a happy customer in the slightest.

ramli7 likes this.
  7. willard1
    Froyo Apr 20, 2015

willard1 , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Please help I have an iMac and no access to a Windows machine. I tried to play a full length movie and my OPO just shut off and will not boot or do anything. I can however hold the power and volume up to load fastboot, but after that it just hangs.

8. ramli7
    KitKat Apr 20, 2015

ramli7 , Apr 20, 2015 :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is a stupid option from OP. Why do they want to mess up things. Better to stick on RMA.

9. borisveis
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2015

borisveis , Apr 20, 2015 :
    OP also asked for remote access to my machine which I have refused. I too am not happy about this request considering this is now my second OPO to have the issue. It nearly always happens after I talk on the phone for 5-10 minutes or more. I end up having to hard reboot (vol-down + power) the phone and it will sometimes temporarily fix the issue.

My original OPO was replaced back in November. After a few months, I started experiencing ghost touches daily. I tried many different ROMs (official and non-official) including OTAs, etc. Everyone of them suffered from the same issue. After several weeks, Oneplus finally agreed to RMA, but not without me first sending my device back. I received the new one in November.

Now, about 4-5 months later, I started having the exact same issue, but not quite as bad. I'm pretty much fed up with Oneplus and will likely switch to the Nexus 6. Yes it's more expensive, but at least it works.

ramli7 likes this.
  10. MartinCB
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

MartinCB , Apr 21, 2015 :
    So I guess it is not worth the hassle to buy this phone? Seems like in time everybody gets the touch problem ... So sad that they could not just accept peoples phones and fix it at the factory, this really destroyed my whole vision of oneplus and I will most likely never recommend nor buy one. Will probably discourage people for buying one since they still have not fixed this crucial problem...

Please correct me if I am wrong, I really want oneplus one to be the perfect product.

ramli7 likes this.
  11. syntex101
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

syntex101 , Apr 23, 2015 :
    I got the ghost swipe problem on my one plus one (was on 44R, working fine until a few days ago, I did not change anything or install any apps since then). After relocking bootloader and getting rid of root, factory resetting, and even installing their official oxygen ROM I still experience this problem. Also installed new keyboard and it still persists.

I sent an RMA request. But I actually am leaving the address I ordered the one from. I am currently living in France and leaving this week to travel then go back to Canada.

Has anyone ever been able to RMA from another country than the one they bought their one from? For example for me I would have to RMA from Canada even though the device was bought and shipped to France. Does this service even exist or must I RMA from Europe. The problem is since I am traveling I have no fixed address and even if I did it will not be the one they shipped my device to so maybe that is not allowed.

I could probably pop into their European warehouse in UK if they allow that. It is really annoying when this issue pops up now when I desperately need my phone for my travels :(

12. syntex101
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

syntex101 , Apr 23, 2015 :
    will they charge extra is I RMA from Canada with the shipping and handlin, duty etc.

13. willxhunting
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2015

willxhunting , Apr 23, 2015 :
    My issue is I've went through the whole process with support regarding my screen input issue which included sending screen recordings, sending pictures, etc. and now they're claiming my warranty is not valid because I'm missing a seal inside my back cover. Only problem is I NEVER OPENED THE PHONE UNTIL THE DAY THEY TOLD ME TO. How is it that I'm missing this supposed warranty seal unless it wasn't there in the first place? It is driving me insane and pissing me off to no end. Never again will I purchase anything from these guys with support like this and trying to back out of their warranty with some imaginary sticker I've never had.

Vatesis likes this.
  14. andrei.b
    Eclair Apr 24, 2015

andrei.b , Apr 24, 2015 :
    It seems that I cannot submit a ticket no matter how many times I try (every day since monday, several times a day). Anybody knows what's happening ? I'm keep getting this error: ''Sorry, something went wrong with the form submission.''

15. Vatesis
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

Vatesis , Apr 24, 2015 :
    The same thing happened to me. You will be treated like a scammer and that you are lying about the phone. Hope its not too late for a PayPal dispute for you. In my case they want me to pay for a new motherboard. Here is the support ticket of a guy on the OnePlu blog who is having the same problem. #273937 While my ticker number (which they just closed on me) is 259386. What is your ticket numer? I want to see if anything happens if I include all three ticket numbers. @Joey L. I was wondering if you could help now that there are three of us with the same problem. As for me here is a clearer picture of my phone rather than the ones I sent in https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7o0edxtgiYqOUdwX2taeWNrbVk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

ramli7 and willxhunting like this.
  16. Vatesis
    Froyo Apr 24, 2015

ramli7 likes this.
  17. murtazamk
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2015

murtazamk , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Has anyone experienced response times for the 'current' tickets of more than two weeks?
    How can one catch attention of the customer service or has anybody idea about how Oneplus prioritizes its Tickets - chronological ?

18. story
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2015

story , Apr 28, 2015 :
    I am in Hong Kong with a 64GB Oneplus. The microphone stops working. I don't have an order number and Leo from support refuse to help further with only the IMEI.

What should I do? Go to Taobao and get the phone fix in ShenZhen for $200 RMB?

It's quite disappointing.

I’ve uploaded the video to youtube Part 1/2 and Part 2/2

19. story
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2015

story , Apr 28, 2015 :
    We want to help you but please understand that we have protocol to follow. That's why we do not endorse to buy to a 3rd party seller because you might not get the Order number. Maybe you can still contact the seller to ask for the Invoice of the order because there will be an order number of the phone.

Best Regards,
    Leo

20. heavybreathing
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2015

heavybreathing , Apr 28, 2015 :
    "If you’d like to return your phone within 14 days of delivery (for any reason), all you need to do is submit a ticket to us about it and complete the RMA process. Once approved, you can ship your OnePlus One back to us via a courier of your choice as long as there’s a tracking number, and we’ll process your refund as soon as we can validate the completeness of the package and the condition of the device."

How does one go about starting the RMA process?

I've submitted 2 tickets now... and both receive the same copy/paste reply.

In my ticket that resulted in the 2nd reply, I even submitted the RMA/return ticket and included all of the pics needed (pics of the boxes, devices, and IMEI)... and still, all I got was the same copy/paste asking me to submit exactly what I'd just submitted.

Please help