[CLOSED]Customer Support: Warranty, Repairs, Replacements - RMA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Originaltebas
    Donut Aug 16, 2015

Originaltebas , Aug 16, 2015 :
    You better forget about Oneplus support service. They are the worst tech support ever. And I'm one talking from the experience. I bought 2 OPOs (and serveral extras too). My daugther bite one of them and cracked the touch screen. I opened a ticket and they told my to send it. It was a bit expensive compared to do it yourself but in exchange you get the original screen.

Sent the OPO and 2 week later (yes, 2 weeks) they told me that they have to change the price 'cos my phone has water damage????? You can imagine my confusion/anger/whatever. It's been 4 weeks now and they want me to pay 220€ to repair whant they say is water damage and I say it's impossible, they messed up the packages and they are inspecting the wrong phone for sure. It doesn't matter to them. I even explained to them that how on earth could i made a backup and a factory reset if it's true what the say about the water damage.

The funny thing is I never tried to not to pay for the touchscreen. I knew it wasn't covered by the warranty. I never ever in my life thought they would come up with this.

MY ADVICE: DONT BUY THE ONE, DONT BUY THE TWO. FORGET ABOUT THIS COMPANY. I SPEND NEARLY 800€ ON THEM AND THEY ARE USELESS. IF YOU ARE LUCKY AND NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE FROM... BUT SUPPORT... THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY INSPECT A DAMAGED PHONE.

Good luck with your problem

Originaltebas.

hopetindall and Sylar like this.
  2. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2015

evertking , Aug 19, 2015 :
    If I send my OPO for RMA do I get my phone back? Refurb? Or a brand new spanking OPO?

3. 4rtery
    Eclair Aug 19, 2015

4rtery , Aug 19, 2015 :
    when I sent my first one back that just had a cracked screen I got a whole new phone, reason I knew was because my original had cyanogen on the back and the replacement didn't. I gather it was a brand new one as it was in the same packaging as a brand new one just without the additional items in the box.

4. Drewmaq
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

Drewmaq , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Hello,

I'm having some trouble with Support on an RMA (# 363579) issue, so I wanted to start a conversation to see if anyone has any advice/thoughts. Here are the facts:

I bought a Oneplus One in February 2015. On July 23rd, 2015, the phone became unresponsive. After going through the required steps with Support, it was deemed that the phone needed to be replaced through the RMA process. I followed all instructions, and prepped my phone for pick up from DHL logistics. DHL arrived to pick up the phone, but indicated they needed a PKU number in order to ship the package. They indicated that Oneplus would need to provide me with that number. I have been asking Oneplus Support for this number for almost 2 weeks, but I'm being told they have no idea what this number is. the email thread for this RMA is over 70 emails long. I'm unable to get an answer from ONeplus, and support keeps asking me to go through steps that I did back in the very beginning (over 4 weeks ago). I'm being led in circles, and don't know how to get this resolved. Without a phone number to call for support, I am left to the email process which is getting me nowhere. All I want is to send the phone back and get the replacement I was told I would get. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drew

5. francisco_sardo
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

francisco_sardo , Aug 19, 2015 :
    did you try the live chat?

6. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2015

evertking , Aug 23, 2015 :
    I know what your saying. I really like OnePlus and what they were doing. I remember seeing post about how bad support was but because I had a working I never really paid much attention. But here I am... And well this "support" will be their downfall. Anyone thinking about buying a phone from OnePlus really needs to consider this. Its not like others with the warranty..RMA process.. You could be without a phone for a long time or maybe even just out of luck. Sad really.

7. RichardZubrik
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2015

RichardZubrik , Aug 23, 2015 :
    I have experience with your repairs and its the worst ever. You get one quote, expensive but OK, but then start getting non sense emails about water damage - the actual fault was cracked screen - and eventually after literally been blackmailed to pay twice the original quote they just send a new phone. Will never buy a OnePlus again

8. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2015

evertking , Aug 24, 2015 :
    Yes.. I have given up!! They stopped replying to emails!! My phone is not even a year old. Never dropped, no scratch.. Nothing!!! Flash OXYGEN and bammm!!
    First time buyers.. Please pay attention. I never did read through threads like these while my phone worked
    But here I am... And yep.. What they say is true.
    What Happen with the "we listen to our customers" OnePlus family"
    Blah blaaah... Get a nexus

9. ChezFre
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2015

ChezFre , Aug 24, 2015 :
    I bought a OnePlus One last february, for my girlfriend's birthday. It had reception issues from the start, but 1 august it completely stopped recognizing the SIM card. so I contacted support and after a ton of emails they finally accepted that it was a hardware issue and let me sent it to them.

So now, 24 august (10 days after they received the device) I get an email saying that I won't be getting support (or I have to pay EUR 220!) because the warranty sticker has been tampered with. Of course I haven't touched the damn thing (why should I, the device was still under warranty), but it's their word against mine and I don't get anything but canned responses from their support. They're not even responding to my complaints or queries, all I get is dry responses.

I just looked up where the warranty sticker is located. It's a miniscule sticker on one of the screws in the top corner that could have easily been removed by them or not have been attached properly from the get go. So I don't feel like this is a valid reason to deny me warranty.

Is there anyone I can contact to go further with this and finally have this issue resolved? I have already lost my calm and have run head first against an imaginary brick wall trying to communicate with them.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

Sylar likes this.
  10. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2015

evertking , Aug 27, 2015 :
    What ever came from this? I got a bad feeling I'm gonna get the shaft my self. I was approved for a RMA but got a email asking of I ever dropped the phone or any water damage. In all reality they could just write it off as hey you must have dropped it, bye.

tvintimilla likes this.
  11. Originaltebas
    Donut Aug 27, 2015

Originaltebas , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Do not send the phone!!!

Forget about them. I finally had to pay 45€ for nothing, just to get my phone back. Now I have to buy the broken screen somewhere else. Any suggestions? I know aliexp** but what I'm asking is if you know any particular vendor with quality screens? Thanks!

12. ChezFre
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2015

ChezFre , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Still talking to that brick wall, but that's what I'm going to do until they finally come through.

If you didn't send your device in yet, I'd suggest going to a local repair shop and asking for a quote there, warranty or no warranty. If you do send in your device, have pictures of the back with the warranty seal while in the shipping box and try to prove there's no discoloration to the water sensors (can't imagine how, but hey, this company is obviously scamming users so find a way).

Someone on Reddit recommended emailing the CEO, which has helped me with Apple a couple of years ago. So that's what I'm trying now.

If everyone in this thread were to send this thread in as news to sites like Engadget, TheVerge or more Android specific sites it might help in getting these practices known as well. Also submit your questions to other message boards you're on, that's the best way to get the message out there. As long as they're screwing their users over, they don't deserve any better.

Try visiting the forums while logged out by the way, perfectly doable. Now try browsing this thread while logged out. They know what they're doing.

And of course, having to have at least five posts helps to avoid people being able to start threads on the main forums. I never needed the forums until now, and as such do only have three posts. So all I can do is post here in this nicely contained thread that nobody reads, except for the people that are in the same situation. The support forum itself is also nicely hidden behind that 'all categories' button.

evertking likes this.
  13. Originaltebas
    Donut Aug 27, 2015

iampooja likes this.
  14. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2015

evertking , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Man, its post like these that have me worried and this seems pretty common! When I'm done with this, I will not be going back for another round of this.

15. chaplukim
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

chaplukim , Sep 3, 2015 :
    The support is so bad. i'm waiting for tech level 2 (with an online meeting) but nobody contact me :-(... now i'm waiting for chat support again 3 hours of waiting

16. beckasmith94
    Donut Sep 10, 2015

beckasmith94 , Sep 10, 2015 :
    Same here got message to arrange online support, they told me to download some files done that then waited for more info and missed the online session because I had no Idea how it was happening. Great instructions oneplus (that's sarcasm) Request #393629

17. viny2coool
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2015

viny2coool , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I have a software issue. My phone is stuck in the recovery after couple of months of non-use. I tried everything but nothing worked. Will Oneplus fix it? I am still under 1 yr warranty.

18. desireedewdrop
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2015

desireedewdrop , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I have a opo on t-mobile tmobile. It started losing the signal and re covering it about 50 time per minute, over and over. I've tried rebooting, turning it off, anything I can think of and nothing. Any suggestions of what may be going on and how to fix it?
    Thanks!

sdfsfgdfgfghfgh likes this.
  19. decahillane
    Froyo Sep 16, 2015

decahillane , Sep 16, 2015 :
    I've been trying to PAY Oneplus to replace my cracked screen for almost two weeks and although they've given me a price they haven't sent me any instructions to return the phone or how to pay for the service. C'mon support. Step up!

20. rajivsehgal
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2015

rajivsehgal , Sep 24, 2015 :
    OnePlus One - After Power Off, when restart, it is giving a message with heading 'CYANOGEN Recovery ' with certain options like Reboot System now, Apply update, wipe data / factory reset etc but non of them work. Again on restart the same message appear and not able to use phone. Please advice.