[CLOSED]Dear Oneplus, what happened to the beta 9 update in Oneplus 7T and Oneplus 7T pro via OnePlus 7T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. premchandra1993
    Eclair Oct 27, 2020

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    It's being two months that OnePlus 7T/Oneplus 7T pro hasn't got any beta updates. The October months is about to end and the latest security patch is of September. Its seems like the developer is mostly focusing on their new device. Also, there is no news of Android update in this device. The OnePlus 8 and Oneplus 8 pro can get the android 11 update in day one of the google releasing the os. But still no news in OnePlus 7T/Oneplus 7T pro. Last year by this time Oneplus 6T has already got the Android 10 beta update. The Oneplus phone doesn't come in cheap. So I will like to request to Oneplus to provide the update to this phone too.

Now. I know what will happen this thread, some guy from Oneplus will likely close my thread telling me " its in development wait until it is ready".

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020

Shareef Mahaboob likes this.
  2. BeingIncog
    Nougat Oct 27, 2020

BeingIncog , Oct 27, 2020 :
    BS.

3. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2020

Godfather 1 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    OnePlus 6t got android 11 beta update..shit

4. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2020

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    When it's ready 😂

Also: why is it a life or death question to get Android 11? What's in it that you so desperate desire?

I get it that you want to have it, just for the sake of having the latest, but why do you want it really?

A LOT of 3rd party apps won't be compatible for months, the OS will most likely will have bugs in the first period

So why?why is it so urgent?

BeingIncog likes this.
  5. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 27, 2020

camohan , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Hi there, there are no ETAs on update. Also please note creating threads asking for ETAs on updates or on updates is against forum rules and therefore one should avoid.

However, it is understandable that one is excited about new Android update, so you can continue to discuss in software excitement thread https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/

Since you already know, the new thread is not going to bring the update faster and it will be annouced when ready. The guys who close threads are not from OnePlus, they are not OnePlus Employees. They are users like you with some extra rights to ensure the forum is efficient and provides value add to community.

Thread answered and closed.

Kerkdriel likes this.