[CLOSED]Delayed security updates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachitgandhi
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

rachitgandhi , Jan 27, 2020 :
    hey guys just want to know your thoughts if this is a usual trend or you too experiencing this....

I just noticed that OnePlus got slower with respect to providing updates. I mean not necessarily feature updates but even with security updates..

for example i have OnePlus 7T which is currently running on 1st November security patch. Can't even think of the users who are currently holding older OnePlus devices.

Been wondering like launching 4 devices a year can really cause delay in updates not only for older devices but also current devices too.

So want to ask, what's the point of launching so many devices just to flood the market in the name of giving options to the user. where software updates takes a hit.

Not to forget providing regular updates was your key agenda behind OnePlus brand.

2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 28, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    Please use the search before creating a new thread. There are similar threads already open and answered.
    For your concrete example, the op7t, the last update was released in december, and since the oneplus policy is to release updates every two months, you can clearly figure it out that there is no delay in updates at all.
    I invite you to read and use this thread for further discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/
    Thread closed