Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexandersuresh
    Donut Apr 18, 2021

2. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

McJader , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Not possible and for good reason.

otto2, the_o2, Bobbie63 and 3 others like this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021

4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Install the OnePlus dialer apk.

5. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

Possible.

For good reason: Can you explain this part?

6. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

McJader , Apr 18, 2021 :
    It is possible as anyone with an internet connection and a bit of common sense can figure out. I don't want to encourage call recording without informing the other person, so I don't mention it.
    The reason: Doesn't the other person have a right to know that their every word is being recorded?

otto2 and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

Should people speak different things depending on whether the conversation is being recorded or not?

8. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

McJader , Apr 18, 2021 :
    That is upto the person.

9. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

Only people who are ingenuine would worry about that.

10. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

McJader , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I wouldn't speak about the character of a person as it is completely off topic and I'm no one to judge.
    It just violates the person's privacy. Imagine if you're speaking to someone at your home and you're conversations are being secretly recorded by that person.

11. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

If you can't stand up to what you speak, you shouldn't speak in the first place. I wouldn't worry too much about the example you gave.

12. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 18, 2021

McJader , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I can do whatever I wish, don't need a random guy who doesn't understand the concept of privacy to tell me what to do.

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 18, 2021 :
    How about telling something sensitive and trusting the other person. That person has that on recording. Their friendship grows sour of some reason. Suddenly one of them could feel like using the sensitive info against the other one...

Some phone call turn kinky between you and your girlfriend. You 2 break up and you use the recording to blackmail her or embarrass her by sending the recording to her friends and parents and so on...

Simply put there can be misuse. Even if not meant at the moment... If everyone record everyone at all times...

I don't mind recording really. But I question the very strong need some seem to have to always keep the recording secret and basically record EVERYTHING at all times. I don't see the need or logic behind it. And few wants to discuss it. Without being very angry or walk around in circles around a proper answer. I probably never understand why the need for this is so different in some parts of the world.

otto2, Bobbie63, Tokolozi and 2 others like this.
  14. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 19, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 19, 2021 :
    'You' in my comment wasn't you. It wasn't a personal comment.

As with privacy, I do understand what it is.

15. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 19, 2021

I know there is potential for misuse. But it is very limited in my view.

The nature of conversation can be completely different depending on which people are talking to each other, and everyone knows this fact. The conversation between friends, couples, with parents, etc. can reveal a completely different person in you. These are only different traits that everyone has, and everyone understands it is normal.

Here, we are only talking about a private conversation between two people. If it has to be recorded, there are several ways of doing that. Just as there is some potential for misuse, there is a much larger application of when such recordings can be useful. Most important among them is cases of fraud, cheating, false promises, misinformation, etc.

16. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 19, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Yeah. I agree. Several good use exists. I just have a problem of why it's so important to hid it.

Here there is kind of a problem with in my opinion.

"Most important among them is cases of fraud, cheating, false promises, misinformation, etc."

Some use that as an argument of HIDING the recording. But wouldn't the fraudster, cheater and so on hang up or stop trying to do they intended to to the same moment they know they are recorded?
    Or would it be better to let them carry on unknowingly and then battle the consequences afterwards when you realize they fooled you? Here I see the announcement of the recording as an actual help in many cases. I'm mostly meet with reactions on how awful the announcement of the recording is.

I know there are both good and bad sides of most things. But I kind of find it hard to find much cases that motives removal of notice about the recording.

17. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 19, 2021

First of all, the prompt is much more an inconvenience since it takes a good 5 seconds or more every time, and pretty annoying too. I guess most people would be fine if it just 'beeps' which takes a fraction of a second, whilst still notifying both parties.

A lot of rubbish get spoken by people for their own interests, that puts other people's life, career, etc. at stake. These are in the course of normal conversations, which at the time may not have any malicious intent on the part of the recorder.

For example, let's say a call from the insurance company manager. He promises things that are covered in a policy (which are actually not covered, or covered with conditions) and assures a hassle free payout in the event of a claim. The unsuspecting buyer goes ahead and buys the policy.

Let's agree here that very few people actually go through the fine print in an insurance policy, and more importantly understand them. Because, often these are drafted in 'legal language' and pretty confusing to even someone who has good mastery over the language itself.

In the event of a claim, the insurance company denies the cover citing a particular clause in the policy document, or general T&C listed on their website. You call the manager and tell him that you bought the policy based on his assurance. But now he denies ever making the same.

Or let's say a conversation between an employer and employee. The employer promises all sorts of incentives or raises, only to go back on his promise later and outrightly denying ever making them.

This is just one of several thousands/ unlimited number of instances when call recordings can be useful to reveal the truth. It is another matter whether they will stand the test of a court because there is scope for electronic manipulation.

Whether it can be proven in a court of law is a different subject. But people are more likely to know the truth in such instances, even if not legally enforceable.

18. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Apr 19, 2021

SoniaB , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Call recording without the receiver's knowledge/permission is illegal in many countries.

Google chose to apply call recording notification to Google Comms Suite across the board rather than keeping it region specific.

I appreciate the conversation that has taken place regarding the positives and negatives of such a move however, the thread was about how to disable call recording notification and the answer is already given.

I will close the thread.

the_o2, McJader, otto2 and 2 others like this.