[CLOSED]Discussion about updates and forum netiquette

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 11, 2019

pablofg1978 , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I'm teaching you how to do it.
    You know the say
    Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime

B.I.T.S., YRJ, B_Wrath and 1 other person like this.
  2. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2019

YRJ , Sep 11, 2019 :
    You're fighting a lost cause :tearsofjoy:

pablofg1978, Dresa91 and B.I.T.S. like this.
  3. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 11, 2019

meatandy , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I don't pay for OnePlus phones anymore and still use the forum , what's your point about paying customers?

B_Wrath and Dresa91 like this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 11, 2019

meatandy , Sep 11, 2019 :
    And he will spend a million dollars of fishing equipment. :p trust me I know.

superplus, SoniaB, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  5. Stevrod
    Eclair Sep 11, 2019

Stevrod , Sep 11, 2019 :
    You of all people should know how to navigate and search on the forums. Doing so you'll find that there isn't a thread open for the 9.5.13 update. But I get it you were too busy trying to be "Mr In Charge" to be of any help. When you closed my thread it was the only one open for this release though you had closed a previous one. And that was it. Though you stated to wait on the official thread. An official thread that a week later was nowhere to be found. You also sent me a warning about opening a pointless thread. A thread that had legitimacy. Not like anybody was asking for a release date for Android 10. My recommendation on closing a thread citing the 1.3 Pointless rule is to know the rule you're using and thinking how can I help make this forum a better place? Obviously people are inquiring about this update. Maybe one of these should stay open so they can discuss in there? No, let's close all of them, be rude in the process and hide behind our mod hat.
    Now we're told to understand you guys are busy and have a lot going on. Give me a break. I've been an admin on some really large forums and you don't need to be "so busy" you can have some common courtesy. If a person is lacking in people skills this is probably not a role they should take. Besides, do any of the mods or admins here care how busy some of the customers that come here are?

Ultraman215 likes this.
  6. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 11, 2019

pablofg1978 , Sep 11, 2019 :
    There is no need to create a new thread. You can perfectly use the last official update thread for discussion.
    And, since you mentioned, can you tell me how many warning points did you received?

Dresa91 likes this.
  7. Stevrod
    Eclair Sep 12, 2019

Stevrod , Sep 12, 2019 :

pablofg1978

There is no need to create a new thread. You can perfectly use the last official update thread for discussion.
    And, since you mentioned, can you tell me how many warning points did you received?​

The last official update thread that you mentioned to go look at was 9.5.11. With a forum that usually posts new threads for every release I don't see that being a valid response. We're looking for a thread for 9.5.13 which still doesn't exists. You also said to wait for the official thread. Again I say where is that? We might as well use this one.
    I just looked and it didn't have any points. That's great if that concerned me, but what concerned me is referring to my thread as "pointless" when it wasn't. Being my first experience with a mod on this forum I was not impressed. Certainly doesn't make me want to continue coming here and usually I wouldn't at all, but my curiosity wanted to know if an official thread was ever opened. Instead I see that I wasn't the only one concerned on how this matter was handled or mishandled.

Ultraman215 likes this.
  8. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 12, 2019

pablofg1978 , Sep 12, 2019 :
    If you are not concerned by the warning why did you mentioned? Is like you did not even read it and just now you find it out that was just an advice ...

Since I'm not working for oneplus, like you, I don't have idea when or if there will be a thread about this update, your asumption about that for every new update there is a new thread is wrong, this happened before.
    Your thread was not only pointless but also redundant, you knew that there was a thread before that was closed, but, for some reason, you decided that creating a new one was a good idea... If you think that the previous thread was closed without a valid reason you should have send me a pm or using the report function, not creating another thread.
    There is no point to create a thread about an update with no official information, so that is the reason to use the existing threads.

Furthermore, anyone is free to submit a suggestion to oneplus about updates and threads here https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    If you or @Ultraman215 have another question, I gladly will answer them in a pm, it has no point to discuss it here.
    Thread closed

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019

Dresa91 likes this.