[CLOSED] DO NOT buy the OP2. Crippling Camera Bug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farhanwislam
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

farhanwislam , Sep 22, 2015 :
    OnePlus has refused to even address my issue, I've written countless complaints yet I haven't even got a 'we're working on it'. My camera app does NOT work. Every single time I turn on my OnePlus 2, my camera just stops working and shows an error message. Sometimes when I reboot the phone it starts working again, only to get an error message 15 minutes after. My friend's OP2 does not have this issue, but mine does. I don't know if my device is fault of not, but OP2 have to Fix this, but I highly doubt they will of they're not even reading the forums as it appears. I've made about 4 posts about this issue, and nothing has happened. I've given OP2 £600 (from sharing invites), can I at least get a fix in the next update. Please.

EDIT: Yes I have factory reset

I've posted this right before and OTA update, please could someone close this post, as the OTA will probably fix this issue

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

Philanderer~~ likes this.
  2. viet420
    Donut Sep 22, 2015

viet420 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Is this specifically only in your camera app or can apps like instagram or facebook or whatsapp access your camera?

3. James Last
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

4. Findsen
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Findsen , Sep 22, 2015 :
    If you tried other camera apps, you should do a RMA and send it back. You could have gotten a faulty device.

I feel sorry for you, but it can happend to anyone. Its just so annoying when it does happend.

Wish you the best luck with your OP2

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

5. loveplus
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

loveplus , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Sounds like a hardware fault.. The forums are not the place to lodge a complaint if you want it heard by OnePlus support, go to the website and open support ticket

6. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 22, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Lolwhut? Why?

And why should i NOT buy a OP2 just because YOU shouldnt have? And a friend of yours doest even have issues...

I also think, if its serious, you couldve search for this problem (maybe you have i dno), and request an official RMA.

earthboy and Gamm86 like this.
  7. David05051986
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

8. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

Ashwith , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Did you submit a ticket with the support or had a Live chat with the customer support buddy?

9. Philanderer~~
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Philanderer~~ , Sep 22, 2015 :
    This is my problem since the day I got my OPT. Been experiencing this for the past week. So frustrating, seems like a waste of money having a mobile with a faulty camera app. I've tried searching online on how to resolve it but without success. Just now, I have contacted the seller where I bought this phone asking them their RMA policy since I got a faulty device.

Bottom line, I feel you bruhhh.... :(

10. Gamm86
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

11. Lutom
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

Lutom , Sep 22, 2015 :
    This makes sense...

...not.

Whining on the forums about such issues isn't the way to go.
    Open a support ticket, and if they don't fix it then, come back and open an angry rant thread.

12. alapdaskater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2015

13. parthcool
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

14. vickybaid7
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

vickybaid7 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    GOD Knows when will I get an invite

15. Sera69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2015

Sera69 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Open 1 ticket only...

Every other ticket bumps your request to the bottom of the pile and delays any response you might get.

16. oojafink
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

oojafink , Sep 22, 2015 :
    "My friend's OP2 does not have this issue, but mine does." But you say people shouldn't buy the product because of an apparent bug your device has. Hello logic!!

Bartnl likes this.
  17. Bartnl
    Lollipop Sep 22, 2015

Bartnl , Sep 22, 2015 :
    did you do the update to 2.1 already?
    Some camera issues has been solved in it.

18. grumfrommarch
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

grumfrommarch , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I'm kinda interested in how a camera bug has crippled you? Do you now have Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) from repeatedly pressing the shutter button? Or perhaps eyestrain from squinting at the screen? Tennis Elbow from holding the phone at an awkward angle for your selfie, maybe?
    Whilst I'm sad to hear of your new found disability, surely you can't think that no one else should buy this phone just because you have a problem. Especially as O2 v2.1 is rolling out now to fix certain camera issues?
    And yes, I have an Op2 with no issues, camera or otherwise, so I am in a position to make my comments.

19. AdamF77
    Donut Sep 22, 2015

AdamF77 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I had a very similar issues on my previous Nexus 5 & it would force close my camera all the time.

Turned out it was an issues with the security feature 'Face Unlock' which I disabled & my camera worked fine ever since.

Do you have this enabled? if so turn it off & see how you get on.

Philanderer~~ likes this.
  20. Philanderer~~
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Philanderer~~ , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I had this enabled in my OPT. I'm trying now what you have suggested since I'm having the same issue. *crossing fingers* Will update here in case I face the same issue.

Thanks!

farhanwislam likes this.