[CLOSED]Downgrading to 10 stable potential issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandman68
    Donut Feb 24, 2021

Sandman68 , Feb 24, 2021 :
    I upgraded to Oxygen OS beta 2 with the Oxygen Updater on the app store. Because of all the issues I was having with the bluetooth and wifi connection, I decided to return to stock 10, using the same software.

However, after the whole process finished, it was still showing a beta version, for OxygenOS 10 in the device settings, so I thought it didn't return to the non beta version. It also showed me there was the beta 1 version of 11 available.

So, instead, I downloaded the official downgrade zip file from the forum page to my phone. Removed the .jar extensions name et did a local upgrade.

The installation went fine, it started the reboot process and showed a message about wiping the device, which I think it completed correctly (not staring at my phone all the time...).

Now it seems to be stuck at the circling white dots around a bigger red dot screen. It's been like that for over 45 minutes.

Should I wait or is there something I should do to "restart" the process?

My phone is not rooted. Bootloader is still locked.

2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Feb 24, 2021

Best Answer
    pablofg1978 , Feb 24, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    That is why it is convenient to read and use the official beta thread for discussion
    You can find on the beta 1 thread the rollback package to return to android 10
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1379872/
    Read the first post, download the file and install it from recovery

3. Sandman68
    Donut Feb 24, 2021

Sandman68 , Feb 24, 2021 :
    This is exactly what I did to return to the stable version of OxygenOS 10... this is not my first rodeo ;)

However, I was finally able to reboot into recovery mode. Wiped a few things, just in case, and then rebooted (before trying the reinstall the update, in recovery). The setup finished this time and it is back to stock.

I just wasn't sure if it was safe to reboot at this point.

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Feb 24, 2021

pablofg1978 , Feb 24, 2021 :
    Glad that you where able to fix it
    Thread closed