[CLOSED]estimate on sustainability 3/3t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sh33p Donut Mar 15, 2019 at 7:07 PM

sh33p, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:07 PM :
    Hello community, hello oneplus,

I have my 3t for 2 years now and so far I think it's the best phone I ever had since my Nokia 6600.
    I still have a good battery life, I did perform some trials with other OS and I came back to stock twice so far.
    It's fairly sleek(software) , responsive and works.

Soon it will be time to receive the final OS update with about one year of support for security patches.
    I just don't feel like I want to part with my 3t in a year.

Is there any possibility oneplus might consider to support their 3-series devices with support beyond that?
    I don't know how hard it is to patch the security, so I have no idea how feasible it is to ask for something like that.
    I just know, I would feel bad if I had to get rid of a device that runs smooth, is reliable and still has endurance for up to 2-3 days, just hour the simple fact of lack of security.

2. Tj32 Eclair Mar 15, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Tj32, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:18 PM :
    The 3/3T are of the first of its kind flagship killer from OnePlus and undoubtedly it will sustain with the new latest software update n security patches for atleast a year from now n beyond as well. It still outperforms in the market considering its specifications n display. It is the best device ever made by OnePlus. If you are planning for a new device.. Hold On!! Just be patient.. with the Pie coming in and the security patches as well, should be the best to sustain!!!!

sh33p likes this.
  3. Nakele Honeycomb Mar 15, 2019 at 7:59 PM

sh33p likes this.
  4. sommersy KitKat Mar 15, 2019 at 8:28 PM

sommersy, Mar 15, 2019 at 8:28 PM :
    My 3 will be good for as long as it is supported with custom ROMs.

From experience, it can take about 5 years for a phone to run short of those, so...

prestonrodz, sh33p and zvczv like this.
  5. sh33p Donut Mar 16, 2019 at 12:10 AM

sh33p, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:10 AM :
    Yeah I tried custom roms, but the stock room is the one performing the best. Especially with camera - related apps, Instagram or Snapchat for example...

But yeah I guess after a year I must switch to the custom roms :(

6. Avani Doshi Froyo Mar 16, 2019 at 2:04 AM

Avani Doshi, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:04 AM :
    I have also completed 2 years with 3t. My Comments
    1. 3t is the most powerful and stable phone of 1+ at the best price.

2. Good Battery life even after two Years.

3. This phone has increased brand value and trust of one plus.

Well done one Plus. [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f64f[/e]

Tj32 and Babuldebi like this.
  7. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 16, 2019 at 2:28 AM

pablofg1978, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:28 AM :
    It won't be supported any further of what it was promised. There are not many brands that supports their devices for more than two years.
    That does not mean that it wont work anymore. But sooner or later you will have to move to a custom rom to be able to get security updates.
    Question answered
    Thread closed