[CLOSED]Extremely slower invite rollouts for a fastest phone. .:-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 17, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    LOL, you were not here last year obviously. You actually want a GOOD chance at getting one, you have to play the OnePlus game.
    They use this game, because they have no way of manufacturing it. They rely on Oppo, a "cousin" of OnePlus (both owned by BBK electronics), to manufacturer the device, which is why every OnePlus device...all two of them, look just like an Oppo.
    (OnePlus One=Find7, OnePlusTwo=Find9). The only difference between the two are missing features of the OnePlus variety. With Oppo selling devices for more profit, OnePlus must wait at the end of the line, for their production to be scheduled.
    Also, with no reserve money, they must wait till a bunch of "preorders" (invites) come across, so they can spend money to actually build them. You really don't want to do business with a company that is this financially cash poor, that they can't invest, borrow the money, to actually have enough built to meet demand.
    OnePlus, will tell you they do it this way to prevent excess inventory.
    Well, STARTING OUT, with the pent up demand, you won't be running out. Now, say 4-5 months, if the demand starts dropping, I understand cutting production, but not now!
    It's your money, but it is a financial risk, given the scare availability, and the lack of support after you buy it.

Piyush Bhonde likes this.
  2. Sri Mouli
    Eclair Aug 17, 2015

3. Piyush Bhonde
    Donut Aug 17, 2015

4. lilcupcake
    Froyo Aug 17, 2015

5. mkernbach
    KitKat Aug 17, 2015

mkernbach , Aug 17, 2015 :
    you're not alone...

6. smartbuddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2015

smartbuddy , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Wait a minute, you joined just TODAY and your wait is of LIFETIME, how is that? :eek:

Bartnl likes this.
  7. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Aug 17, 2015

8. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 17, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I personally think the lack of action, and not getting the invites out is actually doing everyone a huge favour. There are lots of phones coming out in the near future that will give the OP2 a real run for the money. Oneplus obviously would like to get an invite out to everyone ASAP, but it just seems to be one disaster after another stopping this from happening. Better than any TV soap opera.

9. rhiney
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

rhiney , Aug 17, 2015 :
    This is just like last year. And I'm sure that the invites will begin to flow.

10. Hamade
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

Hamade , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Last year I ended up buying my OP from a reseller because of this system, and after around 10 days from that I received an invite.

Dark_Shade1191 likes this.
  11. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 17, 2015

mkernbach likes this.
  12. Dark_Shade1191
    Donut Aug 17, 2015

Dark_Shade1191 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    LoL, this is exactly why i am gonna stop myself from buying OP2 from the grey market retailers..
    #nevergiveup

13. Bartnl
    Lollipop Aug 17, 2015

Bartnl , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Guess the life expectancy in his/her country is very low?? ;)

mkernbach and smartbuddy like this.
  14. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 17, 2015

pablofg1978 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Closing redundant thread, you joined today!
    Please use the search before creating a new thread, there are a thread about invite disscusions