[closed]Forcing Customer to pay For manufacturing Defect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X1527617502443
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2019

X1527617502443 , Aug 23, 2019 :
    Hi,

I have OnePlus 6 device bought in May 2018.

From July 2019 i noticed there is a flickering at the bottom of my device. I thought it was my illusion as it happened once in 10 days just for few seconds, however then i noticed It was happening every second day for 20 seconds.
    i went online and checked many people posted reviews for the same issue , few adviced to do factory reset and it will be solved.
    however many said it's a manufacturing defect and the company is not taking it as there responsibility due to huge market share of OP-6.

I hope everyone is aware the screen for OP - 6 were given by samsung

I did factory reset and then the issue stopped for at least 3 weeks, but again on 18 th August it started again, so this time i went to Sevice centre of OP and they adviced to do complete factory reset to eliminate it.

The situation still persist with no solution.

Service center says we need to replace the screen as it's out of warranty and customer care says they cannot do anything as it's out of warranty.

My question is why should we suffer and pay for the defect the company is aware but not willing to take a stand for it.

Its shocking that many service center executives and even customer care personals are accepting it might be a manufacturing defect but they are helpless to change the screen without any charges.

It's a complaint and i will make sure it goes viral till the issue is solved.

#neversettle#neverwill

be1ieve and AZGARDS like this.
  2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 23, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 23, 2019 :
    Enable DC dimming...

3. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 23, 2019

pablofg1978 , Aug 23, 2019 :
    The warranty states that you have 1 year for any manufacturer defects. After that you have to pay for the repair.

ratansuthar00 and Kytharsis like this.
  4. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 23, 2019

Horsault , Aug 23, 2019 :
    Except in EU, limited warranty is 1 year, as for the whole industry. This means manufacturers consider that if any part of their product is deficient, this should be visible in the first months of use. After warranty period, any failure is considered as normal failure due to wear and use.
    I can understand you'd like an exception just because it's you, but what would de reason be? Honestly, can you figure out just one good reason? Then give it here.

Kytharsis likes this.
  5. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 23, 2019 :
    Things break and wear out - that doesn't make them a defect. Your phone's warranty is one year, and if problem arise in that one year they are covered. After that one year, they are not. Extended warranties are offered for people that want more protection - but these do come with a price.

Most consumer electronics have a one year, and if they break after that, it is not considered a defect. If your car broke after the warranty is up, would you consider it a defect you should not have to pay for (don't answer, likely we know what you would say).

If you think the manufacturer should cover something outside the warranty period, what is appropriate? 4 weeks? 2 years? Why have a warranty period if the time doesn't apply?

Defects occur in every part of the production cycle, that is why there is a warranty, and why there is a limit on the warranty. But another possibility is that handling of the phone (drop, moisture, pressure) caused the issue. How can you rule out that nothing you did had an impact, unless the phone sat in a box on a shelf for 14 months.

6. X1527617502443
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2019

X1527617502443 , Aug 24, 2019 :
    I am touched by your response......
    you need facts for defects not just time frame

.first compare apple to an apple

vw called all disel cars after 5 years of manufacturing due to defects in them and was shamed in world

Honda called for replacement of Driver airbagh in 2016 for its city model of 2010.

so don't just write absurd messages when your facts aren't correct

also read about cars and then reapond

7. X1527617502443
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2019

I gave the reson and you need to read the abstract again ...

it's a manufacturing defect which even OP executives agreed however due to out of warranty they are not changing it.

if you have sources you would have the details...

it's a manufacturing defect due to screen provided by samsung of specially this model

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 24, 2019

camohan , Aug 24, 2019 :
    If it is a manufacturing defect, it should affect a larger sample of the population and not one. It's unfortunate that it happened with you.

However, the terms of sales are very clear anything happening to device after a year is out of warranty.

Which customer service location did you visit?

PS : #doesn't work here.

9. X1527617502443
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2019

I think you work with OP as i know what are the warranty policy don't write the content for promoting the phone..

i have been using it OP from 1 model

10. camohan

camohan , Aug 24, 2019 :
    If you know the warranty policy then you should probably not argue at all.

I don't work for OnePlus but I know to differentiate between what is wrong and what is right, if you were right I would have helped you escalate it.

Kytharsis likes this.
  11. X1527617502443
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2019

then i must say you live in an illusion ... you don't know the facts
    you are processed with information which you see however yoh turn your back towards the real and actual info.

don't need you to escalate .. I'll do that

12. camohan

camohan , Aug 24, 2019 :
    Good luck.

Kytharsis likes this.
  13. Horsault

Horsault , Aug 24, 2019 :
    You gave no reason to break the rules. You merely gave personal impressions, unproved claims, free assumptions and a closing menace:

There's no fact to support your claim that OnePlus should make an exception to their warranty policy just because it's you.

Of course you could try and go viral, claiming "OnePlus is a horrible company which doesn't want to make an exception toward my very important person, and refuses to apply 1-year warranty on a 1.5 year old device". I'm not sure everyone will take this seriously, though.

I let this thread opened waiting for elements that would prove without hesitation your screen issue is on OnePlus responsibility, but as you provide none, I'm closing this thread as unfounded.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if some new definitive elements should justify re-opening this thread.

Kytharsis likes this.