Other [closed]Fraudulent behavior by OP service center

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

biswajit_sahu7 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Hello Friends,

My OnePlus 5 fingerprint scanner stopped functioning and I opted for pick up & drop service. The device was picked up on the 26th March 2018. The device was shipped to Bangalore authorized service center instead of Hyderabad (where I live). On the 28th March 2018, the repair was completed and device shipped back and received on the 30th March 2018.
    But to my astonishment I found that the device is not the one which I had sent for repairs.
    The IMEI sticker at the back don't match the one on my original invoice.
    I removed all screen lock before sending for repairs but the device received has a password lock.
    My device had a tempered glass applied but the one received is bereft of that.
    There was a dent in my original device below the vibration toggle switch and this one ain't one.

Clear indication that they bunted me with a different device than the one I had sent for repairs.

Such fraudulent activities from OnePlus is not at all expected.

I have raised a support ticket with OnePlus; please suggest me if you have suffered similarly.

Regards, Biswajit.

Praty_28 and Starcommander like this.
  2. cartmailj
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

cartmailj , Mar 30, 2018 :
    this is not fraudulent at all. This is a small mistake made by OnePlus. At the end of the day we're all human, we make mistakes even you and I do.

Matt 80 and Emalinho like this.
  3. Matt 80
    Lollipop Mar 30, 2018

Matt 80 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Indeed, nobody is infallible. We're humans, not machines, mistakes happen unfortunately.

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Mar 30, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Mar 30, 2018 :
    in isolation, this might appear as an error or mistake. but given the number and kind of complaints we see about the service centres, this shows they are too causal in their approach and don't act with responsibility.

Praty_28 likes this.
  5. deathrodamus
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

6. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Mar 30, 2018

Gav_W86 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    yes, likely a lack of care, but the original poster calls their action fraudulent which is a serious (and criminal) charge.

Praty_28 and Hydra Bob like this.
  7. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 31, 2018

biswajit_sahu7 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    only the resolution would decide whether it is a small mistake or a habit

8. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 31, 2018

maybe the word fraudulent is harsh but I am feeling really cheated specially when they take pride in being the number one customer service provider

9. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 31, 2018

deathrodamus likes this.
  10. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 31, 2018

I agree... but I hope you feel what I am going through specially when I am staying in a different city to that of the service center

11. Eustacio Sealy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

Eustacio Sealy , Mar 31, 2018 :
    May I ask this question you stated that IMEI on the back of the phone is not the same as the purchase may I ask did you verify that information from within the phone, sorry you indicated that the phone has a password lock

12. biswajit_sahu7
    Froyo Mar 31, 2018

and I removed all the locks before sending....

13. Eustacio Sealy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

Eustacio Sealy , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Sorry I did read your notes and my question is you where able to verify the IMEI of the phone you received and then I remembered that the phone you received has a password lock based on your notes...... removed all screen lock before sending for repairs but the device received has a password lock.

biswajit_sahu7 likes this.
  14. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Mar 31, 2018

Gav_W86 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    they have never taken pride in being number one - they openly acknowledge that their service provision is an issueband have been trying to improve it.

why not speak to them before being dramatic?

15. risky1301
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

risky1301 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I don't believe this was malicious at all, just a simple shipping error, you did the right thing and contacted support to get it corrected. Don't just jump to conclusions next time!

16. altmb
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

altmb , Mar 31, 2018 :
    It's negligence of duty remind them, they shall be professional.But if you see 1+, history they are cheater's!!!...

17. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 31, 2018

Horsault , Mar 31, 2018 :
    When a device is sent for repair under warranty period, manufacturer is free to choose to repair or replace the device. It's standard in all industries.

It seems, for you, they chose to replace it with a brand new product, without the damages you acknowledge you did. Why do you complain?
    Reset your device to factory default, and enjoy!

Thread closed.

F_Divyesh_Kumar_AZXU and Baymax like this.