[Closed]Ghost!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameschimifontana Donut Nov 16, 2014

jameschimifontana, Nov 16, 2014 :
    I never had issues with the "ghost touch". However, yesterday it appeared out of nowhere. Now I can't watch a youtube video without it constantly switching videos. I thought 44s was supposed to fix this issue. Too bad, oneplusone has been great until this. :(

hunaebae and paleorthid like this.
  2. hunaebae Cupcake Mar 30, 2015

hunaebae, Mar 30, 2015 :
    I got mine in January, not a scratch on it, never been dropped. Fully cased and tempered glassed. Then a few days ago I found I couldn't type properly. The touch screen was making touches between letters I was typing, making typing at a normal pace nearly impossible. With autocorrect off, it IS impossible.

Weird thing is sometimes it goes away for a short moment. But ALWAYS comes back...
    Makes sense that the touch digitiser is interacting directly with the metal chassis or something like that, i read on another thread..

Really gutted..it looks and feels brand new :( Turns out a quick search about problems with the one will leave you with endless threads. Should have done more research...

3. rivimont Eclair Apr 9, 2015

rivimont, Apr 9, 2015 :
    @hunaebae I just encountered the exact same thing last week! I have had no issues whatsoever, but last week it started acting up. Sometimes, I am unable to swipe in my password for an hour or so and then it just goes away. I find myself rebooting a few days to try to fix it. I have also noticed that I can't scroll pages nearly as fast as before. I really hope this is a software issue that can be addressed.

hunaebae likes this.
  4. hunaebae Cupcake Apr 10, 2015

hunaebae, Apr 10, 2015 :
    Yeah dude, but I don't think it is...I did a factory reset and for me anyway, the problem is still there. I have read about a software update fixing ghost touch for people in the past, but I think there are also cases where it is hardware. Anyways, update me if anything changes! I'll do the same :/

5. Asantehene Cupcake Apr 30, 2015

Asantehene, Apr 30, 2015 :
    I've also had this new issue
    When my phone gets a bit warm it seems like someone is touching the screen and is typing for me. Some touches are being registered, and sometimes when I'm scrolling, something along the way would be touched instead.

I'm not using swiftkey or other app and have the latest system update

Any solutions?

6. jmilikow Cupcake May 5, 2015

jmilikow, May 5, 2015 :
    I'm experiencing this same problem and it seems to be getting worse. I've had the phone only for a couple of months. At this point, I have to reboot my phone 15 or 20 times each day. I've been waiting a few days for a response to my trouble ticket - but I don't think I can wait for a solution from them - my phone is barely usable.

7. Lyle A. Gingerbread May 14, 2015

Lyle A., May 14, 2015 :
    I’m sorry to hear that your phone is experiencing these issues.
    Have you already submitted a ticket for this issue? if yes, please PM me your ticket number so that i may look into it and if not please submit a ticket on our support page https://oneplus.net/support/ticket/submit.
    We want to be able to resolve your concern Asap! If you need assistance in submitting a ticket, please let me know! Cheers.

8. PatLan1989 Eclair May 29, 2019

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 29, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 29, 2019 :
    You thought this thread was about the OnePlus 7 Pro, didn't you? :p

If that was the case, here, hope it helps.:)

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  10. PatLan1989 Eclair May 29, 2019

PatLan1989, May 29, 2019 :
    Yeah I did. Thank you.

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 29, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 29, 2019 :
    Hah, no worries, it can happen to anyone :)

And welcome to the forums ;)

12. Jaumebyn Cupcake May 30, 2019

13. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 30, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 30, 2019 :
    Please use this thread.

You posted in a thread dedicated to the OnePlus One. ;)

14. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 30, 2019

BeingIncog and Cheetosdust like this.
  15. Jaumebyn Cupcake May 30, 2019

Cheetosdust likes this.
  16. Cervantes Lollipop Moderator May 30, 2019