[CLOSED] Glass back on OP6, 6T, 7P, 7T...

?

Do you prefer glass or metal back?

1. Glass

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Metal

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Oct 10, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Serbian Overlord , Oct 10, 2019 at 8:12 PM :
    I've owned OPO, 3, 3T, 5T, 6T and now 7Pro...

By far, to this day, OnePlus 3T is my most favorite device from OnePlus (OnePlus 5T comes in a close 2nd place). The 7Pro is a monster of a phone. Brutal and overkill 12GB of RAM make this phone fast beyond anything anyone could ever ask for. Screen is A+ with no notch and 90 Hz refresh rate. However, WHAT is the point of going with glass back since OP6? The only reason to ever, and I mean EVER to put glass on the back is wireless charging. I don't even like wireless charging; I had it 7 years ago (which in phone years was 2 centuries ago) on a Nexus 4 in 2012. Didn't care about it then, don't care about it now. What I do care about is phone's fragility. I despise cases. It ruins the phone and turns every phone into same looking brick. I love skins. So, the point of this rant is, if anyone even cares is PLEASE stop making glass back for absolutely no reason. Take the design of OnePlus 3T and 5T and use those as reference going forward. My OnePlus 3T was indestructible. That single slab of aluminum was probably the best I've ever had. Why are they going backwards on this? If the 7 Pro was aluminum unibody, it would be THE perfect phone, second to none. Making a phone almost 7 inches tall and putting glass (rounded!) with no serviceable purpose makes no sense.

SirBacke likes this.
  2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 10, 2019 at 8:31 PM

pablofg1978 , Oct 10, 2019 at 8:31 PM :
    Please use the search before creating a new thread. There are similar threads already open and answered.
    Glass back are not only for wireless charging, it offers better connectivity in general.
    If you don't like phones made with glass, you are free to buy the phone that better suits your needs.
    You can also use this page to submit your feedback directly to OnePlus
    Https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    Redundant thread closed

bhaumikbheda likes this.