[CLOSED]Google Play Store app stuck on old version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulletmark
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

bulletmark , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Google recently updated the Play Store app. I noticed that my wife's Samsung S7 and my daughters Nexus 5X both have updated to this new version but my OnePlus 3 has not. When I check my Google Play Store app version it was 7.5.08 from Feb 18 but I see from APK mirror that there has been 8 store app updates (so far) over March and April which have not been updated to my phone. My phone is stock OOS 4.1.3 and has never been rooted. Is everybody else seeing the old store version? Is anybody seeing the new store app version?

All my other apps have been updating fine. I see that OOS 4.1.3 was built on 01-March so the version I have appears to be the latest store app version Google had produced when OOS 4.1.3 was last released.

I manually installed the latest version Google Play Store 7.7.31 from apk mirror but nothing (other than the reported version number on app info) has changed. It still seems to be running the old version.

2. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2017

G_Mr_.... , Apr 21, 2017 :
    1492765663874.jpg

1492765663961.jpg

1492765664031.jpg

1492765664098.jpg
    You mean like these, either check your playst#re version is up-to-date or give it a while longer it will update eventually.
    Hope this helps.

3. Intruder71
    Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

Intruder71 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Had you spent half the time searching that you did making the post you would it has nothing to do with oneplus, either wait patiently or download the apk definitely didn't need yet another post..

pa5t1s likes this.
  4. sidrocks123
    Eclair Apr 21, 2017

sidrocks123 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    If you are stuck on the Play Store version, then simply install the new versions from APKMirror. Not sure if this is a Google bug, but the Play Store version sometimes doesn't update automatically. You could try clicking on your Play Store version number from settings, which informs you if you are up to date or not.
    If you are talking about the UI, it doesn't matter which Play Store version you're on, you will get this UI eventually as the update is simply a server side flag that will get switched to on for devices, not dissimilar to a OTA.
    If you really want the UI change, force stop Play Store, clear Play Store data and cache from settings after updating to latest version, and voila! You have the new UI. It's how I got it.

5. Heisenberg_009
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2017

Heisenberg_009 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    If you want to manually force the update, you can click settings from play store and then tap on the version number at the bottom of the settings list. You will then see a confirmation that a new version of the play store app will be downloaded and installed. Wait for 10-15 min and check if you've the newer version. If you still don't have it, you may try clearing play store data. All google update roll outs are in stages. Wait. You'll eventually get it.

6. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Apr 21, 2017

SoniaB , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Indeed. Answered
    Thread closed