[CLOSED][GUIDE] How to Unroot your OnePlus 3 / 3T and go back completely to stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2016

ritchiedrama , Jul 25, 2016 :

I am helping a friend do this now, does OEM Unlock have to be on and USB debugging?

Deactivated User likes this.
  2. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016

3. ritchiedrama

OEM unlocking was still on after, but USB debugging not?

4. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jul 25, 2016

stephenboyo , Jul 25, 2016 :
    Thanks for this very useful information to keep. I've tried several ROMs and to be honest this time around OP's stock Oxygen OS is the best ROM for the OP3, the other ROMs feel unfinished and top heavy and I did experience lagging etc. Also without dash charging and a worthy camera app I can't see any major benefits with flashing custom ROMs, at least not at this point. I've achieved 146K and 152K on antu tu simply with my rooted stock ROM and that's far higher than anything else out there. Also Oxygen feels quite stable and customisation is very good, compared to previous iterations. There are things that can be improved like aspects of the stock camera and video but for me those are minor issues, these days you need to be able tweak your pictures otherwise relying on a non Apple smartphone camera for your pictures is touch and go in terms of the end product and in England where natural sunlight comes at a premium you have no choice but to tweak your pics. So as much as I love Cyanogenmod13, if it aint got dash and a proper camera then I aint going there hon!

5. Paul013
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2016

Paul013 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    If it can go completely on stock again.. I'm glad to hear that, and I'll definitely try it soon..
    Thank You for securing the time to share the valuable info.

Deactivated User likes this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2016

pastmann likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2016

ritchiedrama likes this.
  8. ritchiedrama

But I guess default option is off for OEM unlocking, which I just turn off manually, and nooooow its as if its out of the box? :p

I mean, turning it back off now is okay right? Like, thats what it 'should' be on in theory. It doesn't effect anything?

9. ritchiedrama

I have to agree. I did try A few mods, but only to improve battery life (screen on time) but they all felt a bit unpolished.

It was mainly because I saw so many people with high SoT and mine seemed so low at the time but then I started to realise that video playback uses very low battery and you can get a very high SOT and screenshot it.

Atm I get about 2 hours per 30% of battery of constant browsing/facebook/playing around with phone, so that's around 6 hours in total SOT, pretty happy with around 5-7 anyway.

Also not having dash charge is a MAJOR negative once you finally do try a ROM, because even if you can squeeze an extra 1-2 hours SoT, what does that matter when within 30 mins (sitting down for lunch at a place where you could chaarge your phone) and get another 5-6 hours SoT.

stephenboyo likes this.
  10. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jul 25, 2016

stephenboyo , Jul 25, 2016 :
    Very true!

11. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2016

12. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2016

IrnBruBandido , Jul 26, 2016 :
    im stuck at point 7....nothing seems to be happening, i have tried both the volume down and power button but nothing...please help

Desejmon likes this.
  13. tonnic
    Eclair Jul 26, 2016

14. obiwan+
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2016

15. F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2016

F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv , Jul 26, 2016 :
    I've done that. That hard bricked my phone,sadly you cant do that :p

16. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2016

IrnBruBandido , Jul 27, 2016 :
    can any of you guys who are thinking of attempting this, make a video of it being done maybe? you know, to help out all the noobs (me) here! :D

thanks

Desejmon and savina like this.
  17. pvsuru
    Eclair Jul 27, 2016

pvsuru , Jul 27, 2016 :
    I am using mokee rom and followed all steps for reverting to OO3.2.1 but adb sideload does not do procedure and at end pops a message that procedure failed.

Is there any other way to udate OO3.2.1?

18. Deactivated User
    Jul 27, 2016

19. pvsuru
    Eclair Jul 27, 2016

pvsuru , Jul 27, 2016 :
    Thanks for response. Downloaded latest full ROM and I will try to install.

20. drewydd
    Donut Jul 27, 2016

drewydd , Jul 27, 2016 :
    Only to complete the thread for n00bs.
    this procedure will set your phone as stock. this meant to have a clean phone... without applications and data.
    do exists a good free app to have a copy for program, data, contacts, etc?
    now i have a rooted phone with a lot of apps and data and i want to have a stock phone with the same apps and data (obviously apps that doesn't require root)

by the other hand, do exists a way to create an full image of the phone?? in order to go back to the current status is something goes wrong or i don't like the change. including app,data, messagges, images, videos, calls, even recovery ,..., all, the same that you have when you clone a computer disk