[CLOSED][GUIDE] How to Unroot your OnePlus 3 / 3T and go back completely to stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gro0vr
    Eclair Jul 27, 2016

gro0vr , Jul 27, 2016 :
    Awesome, I had to send my phone back to Amazon because of screen uniformity issues, used this guide to unroot and make it stock, get rid of that ugly boot screen.

Paul013 likes this.
  2. Paul013
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2016

3. gro0vr
    Eclair Jul 28, 2016

gro0vr , Jul 28, 2016 :
    True that, this should. I can't really see a lot of reasons for folks to unroot their phones tho, maybe to use Android Pay or something I guess.

4. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2016

IrnBruBandido , Jul 28, 2016 :

my banking and utilities app doesn't like the rooted phone. On top of that, i only really wanted to root to get rid of some bloatware, however after rooting, i realised that the phone doesn't actually have much in terms of bloatware to get rid off! These are the main reasons i want to un-root, not great reasons, but enough to make me want to go back to stock!

5. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2016

On another note.....has anyone made a video of the entire procedure? i tend to fair better with visual instructions as opposed to reading!

6. gro0vr
    Eclair Jul 28, 2016

gro0vr , Jul 28, 2016 :
    I also had this issue when I was trying to get my Virtual cards to work, but I preferred my xposed modules and apps over that, so I just ended up installing it on my brothers stock OS. IK, you are correct tho, there isn't much bloatware to remove, but things like Adaway, Minminguard, Gravitybox I consider essential, not to mention Titanium.

But to each his own right.

Just read the instruction a couple of times, they are fairly straightforward, though they do seem a bit daunting at the first instance. You'll fare well, I am sure, just be patient, and in any case we are all here to help.

7. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2016

It is daunting, especially if its the first time doing something along these lines....rooting was a doodle, youtube helped a great deal!

I followed the instructions, and ended up stuck between point 7 and 8...phone went into a boot loop and regardless of what i pressed, it wouldn't snap out of it, tried for a solid hour, eventually i ended up going back to the rooted state!. Still would be awesome if someone who is comfortable doing this, and is looking to un-root their phone, made a video showing how the process works :)

Eveliciouz and Desejmon like this.
  8. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2016

ritchiedrama , Jul 29, 2016 :
    Next time I'll do it, if no-one else has by then.

9. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2016

IrnBruBandido , Jul 29, 2016 :
    Perfect, look forward to the video

10. pvsuru
    Eclair Jul 30, 2016

pvsuru , Jul 30, 2016 :
    I have downloaded full rom 3.2.2 but with this also same error is coming.

ADB is connected and showing the attached devices. sideload commands works but in the middle it pops up daemon not running. Kindly find the screen shot. Please help.

Attached Files:

11. Deactivated User
    Jul 30, 2016

pvsuru likes this.
  12. IrnBruBandido
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2016

13. 1add1
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2016

1add1 , Aug 3, 2016 :
    I can't get pass the adb sideload ota.zip. Always get "Cannot read ota.zip"

I have to unlock the bootloader again to boot back.

14. OnePlus21601
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2016

OnePlus21601 , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Hello I followed the guide but now I have a big problem.
    When I tried fastboot oem lock it would fail so I rebooted the phone into fastboot and tried again. It worked and I folloed the on screen instruction to lock. Now whatever combination I try the same thing happens. A white oneplus logo on the middle and android text on the bottom of the screen appear for a split second and then the phone goes dark again. If I leave it like that the notification LED turns white.
    I would really appreciate some help to get me out of this...

15. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2016

ritchiedrama , Aug 8, 2016 :
    I had to hold my power button for 30+ seconds wiithout letting go.

16. OnePlus21601
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2016

Doesn't work thank though.

Can you guys be clear about the instructions please? Like the phone should be connected to the pc or not etc

By the way the way my phone doesn't get recognized anymore, not in fastboot devices nether in adb devices

17. OnePlus21601
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2016

Ok, so I booted again into fastboot and used fastboot oem lock, now the phone works again but when I tried to boot into recovery the TWRP showed up... Shouldn't this be the stock recovery? Am I missing something here?
    EDIT : All my data is still there somehow...

18. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2016

ritchiedrama , Aug 8, 2016 :
    You flashed the old recovery.img?

19. Jaffix
    Froyo Aug 16, 2016

Deactivated User likes this.
  20. Deactivated User
    Aug 16, 2016